Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone out and bought a boost guage.

Give me anything mechanically to do and i can do it, but its just the electrics?

I wanna wire it up to the lights so when i turn them on the boost guage lights up aswell.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to what to do when it comes to wiring? Is there any guides on here at all?

Ive looked at the one on the WAKTT site but i cant see as to where the wiring is at.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
its really easy mate, slide your stereo out and use the light switch wire on there, i think on the standard wiring its blue with a white stripe, use a snap connector to join into it and you can use the black wire off the stereo harness to earth it. I will pm you full instructions on fitting that might help :)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
denimblue225turbo said:
use a snap connector to join into it
Please don't use scotchlok connnectors as they're shite. I bought a car years a go that had a dealer fit alarm that was really unreliable. I'd had enough of it and went to investigate one weekend. Guess what? All fitted with scotchloks!! Re-did the wiring but soldered and heatshrunk every joint and it worked fine after that.

Josh

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
well i have never had any problems with snap connecters, cant see how you can go wrong if you use them properly. Agree'd i wouldnt use them if the wiring i would be doing were easy to get to but for ease the stereo harness worked a treat for me but its impossible to solder and heat shrink when theres no room to do it :?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Well Ive been involved in car audio either directly employed or in a hobby mode for 16 years and theyre the biggest "non negligence" cause of short curcuits and fires there is by a country mile

I wouldn't even have one in its packaging in my car

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all going to give it a go tommorrow ill let you know how comes out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.