Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm loving my new TT (09 plate) but just have one minor gripe. When I go over bumps in the road the boot floor panel makes a loud thunk. I know it's this rather than anything else as it disappears if I put a coat under the floor panel or put something heavy in the boot. I imagine this may be a common issue, so I would appreciate any tips on how to stop the noise ... insulation, padding?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi mate - and welcome.

Same problem here but 100% sure it's not the boot floor, at least not for me anyway - I only know this because I've a buggy in my boot which lays flat at an angle from front to back, and it's a fair old weight so floors got no chance of moving. That said, I couldn't tell you exactly what it is but it went away when I removed all the stuff that's under the floor, but kept the floor in place.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - hope you find a solution too. I am pretty sure it's the boot floor in my case as a heavy load completely solves it (as does coat under the floor). I'm wondering if it should be fixed in some way ... the roads are pretty bumpy round where I live though! Maybe Velcro or something like that?

·
Registered
148 Posts
To be honest it doesn't bother all that much, it's only over big bumps. I only had the under floor bits out as I needed to get to the pesky amp.

Perhaps lay an old towel/blanket underneath to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts