Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m a newbie. I’ve recently bought a 2014 TT black edition. It has Bose sound system but I’m not convinced is works properly. There is a setting on head unit that says volume on, I can turn that up but as soon as menu is pressed the volume goes back down! Not overly impressed. We have a meridian sound system in another car which is amazing. The Bose is quite disappointing. I have so many questions so pls be kind 😬

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Don’t dismiss the Bose system yet. The head-unit, yes, trash that asap!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
My daughter got that (for her ford) and is very pleased with it. About £300 for the HU, £100 for all the connect kit, and £100 fitting by Halfrauds.
Plenty of opinions and experience on this forum.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,580 Posts
Bose amp failures in Coupes are a well known problem due to water damage. If your Bose is not completely dead, you may be able to save it. More here -

·
Registered
2008 TT Roadster
42 Posts
Bose amp failures in Coupes are a well known problem due to water damage. If your Bose is not completely dead, you may be able to save it. More here -
My amp failed recently. It was preceded by speakers sometimes dropping out (for instance would only get sound from the sub/rears sometimes).

If you're able to remove the amp and take off the heatsink, evidence of corrosion damage should be fairly easy to spot (around the chip pins in my case).

I'm not affiliated in any way, but would recommend Bose Repair Experts in Scotland if it looks like this may be your issue. They don't charge if it's not the problem/they can't fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My amp failed recently. It was preceded by speakers sometimes dropping out (for instance would only get sound from the sub/rears sometimes).

If you're able to remove the amp and take off the heatsink, evidence of corrosion damage should be fairly easy to spot (around the chip pins in my case).

I'm not affiliated in any way, but would recommend Bose Repair Experts in Scotland if it looks like this may be your issue. They don't charge if it's not the problem/they can't fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve just realised the sound isn’t faint when music is played through the radio only when I’m playing through the aux. The sound quality for Bose in my personal opinion isn’t amazing! Sorry to be a pain but any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
2,215 Posts
MikeGTT said:
I’ve just realised the sound isn’t faint when music is played through the radio only when I’m playing through the aux.
You need to increase the output / turn up the volume on your Aux device.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts