Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, tried different phones and still the same. Radio works fine out of all speakers but I’m still not convinced the sound is right. Even with stereo turned up to max it’s not deafening, I assume there’s a sub ? Bass isn’t amazing

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
2,226 Posts
MikeGTT0 said:
Aux was set to max but rhs speakers very faint
If it is just the RHS speakers that are faint then you have a bad cable / connection between your Aux device and your Aux in

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
2,226 Posts
The BOSE system does a decent job of reproducing music as it was recorded (fidelity). It isn't built to handle 'scooped' mids or overly compressed tunes played at extreme volume. Bass frequency is limited by the size of the sub so forget about window shaking lows.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Your Bose is 8 years old but designed over 15 years ago and with 12 speakers - your Meridian is, perhaps, like mine, designed 5 years ago with 27 speakers…?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Fair comment. I’ll shut up! Particular meridian is from 2012 but like you said it’s more modern than the Bose.
You still need to get the Bose working properly - you might find it’s not so bad after all!!

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
No nothing.
You said the radio works fine out of all speakers. I would double-check this by using the balance and fader controls to send all the audio first to front-left, then front-right, rear-left, and rear-right. Then centre the fader and balance controls and use just the bass/subwoofer control to see if you can turn that up/down. If you get the same volume in all four corners of the car then you can guess the amp is ok and focus on the headunit.
Jez

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
BOSE is the best sound system I've listened too. That's comparing it to jaguar xf meridian system and merc e class amg premium plus sound system so def your bose amp is broken. BOSE is a real plus point for the TT if its working!

Best sound is achieved via the CD player on symphony head unit. Sounds to me like a new modern head unit would also help in your case.

I'm old school I burn large playlists to CD-RW's and listen via the symphony head unit which is plenty good enough for me.

BBC Radio 2 is brilliant and free!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
BOSE is the best sound system I've listened too. That's comparing it to jaguar xf meridian system and merc e class amg premium plus sound system so def your bose amp is broken. BOSE is a real plus point for the TT if its working!

Best sound is achieved via the CD player on symphony head unit. Sounds to me like a new modern head unit would also help in your case.

I'm old school I burn large playlists to CD-RW's and listen via the symphony head unit which is plenty good enough for me.

BBC Radio 2 is brilliant and free!
Well that’s I thought, always thought Bose was meant to be a great sound. In my car it’s very disappointing. If only I could post the sound quality. I’m going to try the tip from earlier from jeezie, if that fails I’m sending the amp off

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
If it is just the RHS speakers that are faint then you have a bad cable / connection between your Aux device and your Aux in
[/QUOTE
It was the aux lead! Pin was going in too far! Pull out slightly and the Bose came to life! Still rubbish on the radio but I expect that as it’s not DAB

21 - 39 of 39 Posts