Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone again, having asked you all the question when do you think my TTS will turn up have bought a 3.2 quatro coupe stronic with magnetic ride while we wait as it is becoming obvious it won't be May! Its fantastic and for four months we will enjoy until the TTS arrives. My only bleat is the sound system, it has Bose but in my view it is poor. Does the Audi symphony audio improve things at all? We want to connect an ipod does ordering the Prof Nav make the navigation around the ipod any better? Would be grateful for your experience please :D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
In a word, no.

The TTS has the same sound system range as the rest of the TT models. The Navigation Plus uses the RNS-E headunit which is the same you will find in the TTS. There is no iPod navigation to speak of - the system thinks the iPod is a CD changer and each playlist a disk. ID tags do not display on either the DIS or the SatNav MMI screen.

With the SD card slots (2) on the NavPlus you can at least get the ID tags to display. There is considerable debate on the merits of the Bose system with a generally negative consensus. If you are looking for Ghetto bass - you won't get it.

Personally, I'm okay with it, but would have liked a bit more base - the high end and mid-range sound quality is very good, but the bass seems thin.

This recent thread discusses the installation of an additional subwoofer to the Bose system and seems promising:

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... =subwoofer

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have go a courtesy car from Audi at the moment. It is a new A4 with the new Bang and Olufsen sound system.

Is there no chance of this being spec'd in the new TTS (given that the car has just been announced?)

I am fairly impressed with it.

However not been able to compare this to either the standard system or the Bose system (TT in for repair before I have even bought it. Dealer must be feeling guilty as he has given me a £40 grand demonstrator) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
well i've just canceled the bose option on my new TTs spec. i had it on my old TT and it was better than the standard, it was not worth the money. i'm thinking of having some aftermarket one's added, at about the same price, but better sound quality........

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
pteyeo said:
well i've just canceled the bose option on my new TTs spec. i had it on my old TT and it was better than the standard, it was not worth the money. i'm thinking of having some aftermarket one's added, at about the same price, but better sound quality........
I mentioned exactly that a couple days ago [smiley=thumbsup.gif] http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... p?t=111467

G

·
Not ordered BOSE for mine. Not heard enough on the forum to convince me its worth the money. Might add an aftermarket system, some of the stuff on here being fitted in the boot is looking sweet. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.