Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Not the best system, but it's better than standard. Go for it, but let it be the last factor when choosing the car :roll:

·
Registered
582 Posts
nordic said:
Not the best system, but it's better than standard. Go for it, but let it be the last factor when choosing the car :roll:
THIS.

By all means don't let it be the deal breaker.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
1sttt said:
kazinak said:
1sttt said:
Ivegot it in mine and love it.
you probably deaf than
At least I'm not blind BMW boy
:lol: :lol: As said it is better than the standard set up the bose in the roadster is a better set up than in the coupe

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I think the main thing to realise is that Bose IS better than standard. The problem is that it is only very slightly better.
I would actually prefer to have found a car without Bose as replacing individual components for better aftermarket items is easier if you don't have Bose.

Bose is crap if you consider it is supposed to be a premium upgrade though :(

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The one thing that pisses me off with it, is the fact they have locked out the fade from front to back... I know it can be enabled, but I bloody hate it when companies think they know how the sound front should be set up over what the owner likes..

·
Registered
240 Posts
have any of you lot heard other manufacturers systems....i have a vxr aswell as my tt and thats crap compared,i had an a3 with the audi symphony in it and that was a decent setup,the bose in my tt is only very slightly better IMO but a lot better that many other manufacturers

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
marknjayne said:
have any of you lot heard other manufacturers systems....i have a vxr aswell as my tt and thats crap compared,i had an a3 with the audi symphony in it and that was a decent setup,the bose in my tt is only very slightly better IMO but a lot better that many other manufacturers
had full Bose in the A6, it was alright , JBL in 406 coupe was not bad either , however when compared whit the decent after market setup they where really shit. I've spend around £1200 to replace tt sound system and it sounded perfect,quite a few people where very impressed .

·
Registered
240 Posts
yeh but like you say you have put time effort and money into creating your perfect setup,i think for a factory system the bose and the standard system are decent,im comparing to other manufacturers systems and i think audi have a better setup than most

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
kazinak said:
marknjayne said:
had full Bose in the A6, it was alright , JBL in 406 coupe was not bad either , however when compared whit the decent after market setup they where really shit. I've spend around £1200 to replace tt sound system and it sounded perfect,quite a few people where very impressed .
That's 3x the cost of the Bose set up on a new TT so it should be better Kas

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Taylortony said:
The one thing that pisses me off with it, is the fact they have locked out the fade from front to back... I know it can be enabled, but I bloody hate it when companies think they know how the sound front should be set up over what the owner likes..
How do you unlock the fade?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
t'mill said:
Taylortony said:
How do you unlock the fade?
He's mistaken... You can't on Bose ;-)
Actually you can, but the rear speakers are only woofers so fading would be pointless. You can enable the fader using vag-com but doing so codes the head unit for a non-bose system and it sounds even worse than before.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
There are plenty of TT's about so should be easy enough to find one that you want with Bose so you don't have to spend another £1.2k on it.

I like the Bose sound but not the auto volume level.

Sent from paul4281's iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts