Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember this thread from October 2006 when I mused over the possibility of gettting a 330d Touring and a Mini. Well, we almost did it. We've had a 530d Touring for about six months now and the Missus put down a deposit on a Mini Cooper last night. We pick it up on Sat.

54 Plate, Chilli Red, Full leather, Chrono Pack, Double sunroof and aircon.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that it has a black roof and mirrors, but as we're planning to put a Union Jack on the roof anyway, it's not such a big thing as we're getting the whole roof vinyl wrapped.

Can't wait to get it now.

Pics from dealer's site.

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - not too sure why the pictures are compressed, but they were on their website. My wife assures me that it wasn't involved in a motorway shunt front and back and that the car is actually normal sized. :roll:

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wallsendmag said:
Only the second Mini I have seen with the Chrono pack ,not sure about the extra dials.
Haven't seen it in the flesh, so can't really comment. The missus liked it though. It means that the speedo is in the 'proper' place as opposed to mid dash, but then that was one of the quirks of the Mini, so I'm undecided.

Only time will tell. Just can't wait to pick it up now.

:p

·
Registered
878 Posts
Kell said:
Some of you may remember this thread from October 2006 when I mused over the possibility of gettting a 330d Touring and a Mini. Well, we almost did it. We've had a 530d Touring for about six months now and the Missus put down a deposit on a Mini Cooper last night. We pick it up on Sat.

54 Plate, Chilli Red, Full leather, Chrono Pack, Double sunroof and aircon.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that it has a black roof and mirrors, but as we're planning to put a Union Jack on the roof anyway, it's not such a big thing as we're getting the whole roof vinyl wrapped.

Can't wait to get it now.

Pics from dealer's site.

Good choice, my missus has a 54 plate Red Cooper which she bought direct from JCW.
Word of warning - check the gearbox out. Some of the geraboxes are extremely noisy when the clutch is out. Put the gearbox in neutral and push the clutch in (will be silent), let the clutch out (should be silent, but might not be).

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
north_wales_tt said:
Good choice, my missus has a 54 plate Red Cooper which she bought direct from JCW.
Word of warning - check the gearbox out. Some of the geraboxes are extremely noisy when the clutch is out. Put the gearbox in neutral and push the clutch in (will be silent), let the clutch out (should be silent, but might not be).
I'm 'hoping' that as it's a 54 plate (Dec 04) that it's got the new gearbox. Apparently it affected the ones prior to that build date.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Kell said:
north_wales_tt said:
I'm 'hoping' that as it's a 54 plate (Dec 04) that it's got the new gearbox. Apparently it affected the ones prior to that build date.

Fingers crossed.
Kell, ours was built Jan 2005 and it's already had a replacement gearbox and the second one is worse :cry:
Had a letter from BMW Head Office stating that although the gearbox is noisy it won't fail, so the noise is nothing to worry about - no further action to be take :?

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, picked it up on Saturday - or rather a mate of mine did as my wife was out and we had friends over.

So I had to drive my daughter in our car and he got to drive the Mini home. Then, as we had friends over, I didn't get a chance to drive it on Saturday at all and only took it to the local shop on Sunday morning.

Felt very 'soft' over the speed bumps and I wondered if this was just down to the fact that it's not on run-flats. However, when I checked the tyre pressures later on, I discovered that they were all about 10psi under what they should be.

Inflated them all in my garage, but haven't had time to drive it yet (plus there's no tax, so I can't really).

Hoping to get the Union Flag on the top in the next month or so and want to change the mirrors and the side repeaters, so will report more then.

Can't post pics at the mo, as I normally upload them to Tyresmoke, but it seems to be 'down' at the minute. :?

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pic - only one I've got at the mo and it doesn't really do it justice as it was raining.

Chilli Red, Black Roof and mirrors, Dual Sunroofs, full leather, Chrono Pack, Kick plates, Air Con.

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I see you're part of the UJOC with yours.

Hoping to get my flag done later this month... :p

(RooniusMaximus)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Wild Woods said:
Looks good.

A bit longer than the first picture you posted :lol:
Yup the longer one looks much nicer :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.