Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I been on here for a couple of weeks now, mainly just reading up on stuff and making sure I had as much info as possible before parting with my cash. So, after 3-4 weeks looking for the right one to come up I final took the plunge and bought a TT 3.2 V6 Phantom Black (54 Plate) on Friday. I bought it from a Mercedes Dealership in Portsmouth (I'm from South Wales) and I've got to say the service and overall buying experience was first class.

I've been driving it loads this weekend and can't speak highly enough about it. My previous car was an 80bhp Diesel Megane so you can image what sort of difference I'm feeling :lol:

I've taken a couple of pics but due to the rain they're not the best. I'm hoping for a sunny weekend so I can polish it up and take some decent photos.

Two things are going to do this week are to buy a tax holder and buy some mats for the car.
Can anyone recommend a tax holder which would look nice in the car? Also the same with mats. Any pics of either would be great!

:D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Welcome to the V6 owners club, if you haven't already done it, find the V6 thread and sign up :)
TT shop have a range of tax disc holders, one of them should be to your liking.
Stewart

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Richbrook also do the aluminium tax disc holders, you can get them from halfrauds if you like. Get the type that twists off, easier for changing once stuck on. Congrats on the purchase too, nice colour :wink:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If you join the TTOC you get a tax disc holder as well as an owners club sticker and gel badge. Web membership is only £10 and gives you access to parts of the forum that you can't access as a new member, such as pm's, for sale section etc.

There was a group buy for mats where you could get them personalised if you wanted. I believe the seller still gives a discount for forum members. I bought a set last year and they're really good quality.

HTH.

Mark.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the friendly informative home of the TT enthusiast in the uk. I saw her advertised on autotrader absolute beast, phantom black is one of my fav TT colours...i even had my roof done in that colour... :p

Gt tuning do in my opinion the best tax disc holder in the land. All the others seem to drop off the windscreen in the hot weather.

Is it me chaps, or is this the year of the mighty TTv6? Steve will be happy to have another recruit. :D

Damien.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi Josh, Welcome to the TTF. Nice choice of engine, shame about the colour. :lol: :wink: Just kidding.
As said get a Richbrook tax holder, there's a few different designs.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Well done! Good colour too!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Welcome
Nice V6 there, what part of S Wales are you from

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Welcome to TT ownership and the TTF, the best forum on the inter-web.
Car looks great and in the best of colours too :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts