Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody swapped a Boxster for a TT and if so what to?
I am thinking of a used 3.2 s-tronic purely for the 4 wheel drive as I am worried of the front wheel drive 2.0
I know it's not a good comarism but I had 2 EOS,s and was disappointed with lack of front grip and handling
I had enough rib taking with the Boxster about it being 'girly' and when I mention then TT roadster it gets a lot worse. So I know it's an old question but can a man drive a roadster? Plus what's the cabin like roof down as I have read its pretty blustery compared to the Boxster. I actually prefer the look of the coupe but again worried I would miss the sun on my balding head
Thanks

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I got the drop top out of my system with the S2000 a few years ago but I have spent a bit of time recently with No 2 Son's 3.2 Boxster S roadster which he's just bought. The Boxster is a more focused driver's car especially the steering feel and feedback. That's not to say the steering is bad in the TT at all (far from it in fact) but it will suffer in comparison to the mechanical steering in the Boxster.

You can get 4WD versions of the 2.0 litre TT too and in particular you might want to look at a TTS having come from such a focused car as the Boxster. Quattro definitely puts the power down more efficiently than FWD under all conditions, including in the wet where FWD does struggle.

I'd never give a toss about what anyone else thinks of my car - the hairdresser and similar comments are usually down to green eye anyway. :wink:

wja96 is a member here who's owned Boxsters before the TT and will no doubt be along with his thoughts on your swap

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
I've have had my Roadster for 2 months now and I can say The wife and I are over the moon with her.

Roof down 80mph and there is next to no noise, we don't turn the radio up and we can talk the same as if we where doing 20mph. Yes she wears a head band as she has hair that can get blown around. I have none.

I would say the Roaster is amazing roof down on all counts. If it where not trust me I would say.

About the "hairdresser's car" I got that from my brother in law until I took him for a blast and even he was well impressed. Frankly I don't give a monkey what people think, I think the TT is the most understated elegant iconic car out there.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Had a Boxster S before the TT and to be honest i think they are like chalk and cheese. Boxster is more focused, more fun to drive, faster, corners better, in many ways an affordable semi-supercar etc . But i sold mine when i realised that the driver has so much more fun than the passenger.

Maybe thats the way it should be but i ended up not enjoying driving it because of it. Love my TT but i still miss it though :?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I went from a Mk I TT Roadster, to Boxster S and then to a TT MKII Roadster.. Had my first TT just over 2 years, second TT 4 years, Boxster 1 year.

For me the TT wins your heart, it has character, the Boxster is just another Porsche, very boring inside and lets face it, thats what you see. But as I said, thats me.. Get a test drive in one, borrow one for a weekend and see how you feel, I know I couldn't wait to get back into the TT.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
pacemaker1000 said:
can a man drive a roadster?
Are you serious......??

The TT roadster is miles better then the Boxster IMHO. I was always going to get a MK2 but for a mad moment decided to check out and test drive a few Boxster S. I didn't like the drive and the cabin. It looked dated also and the auto box was crap.

The TT is a much better place to be in whether a coupe or roadster. In the 3.2 roadster with the roof down it's pure heaven. Together with Quattro and stronic is the only roadster for me 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.