Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without doubt one the greatest cyclists we have had coming out of this country...a man who tells it straight and admits he does not want to be a media trained athelete.... to quote him after yesterdays Gold medal winning time trail event

After the medal ceremony, which saw Wiggins receive the fourth Olympic gold of his remarkable career and Froome a richly deserved bronze, the time trial champion got back on his bike to thank "the real fans".

"I wanted to see my wife, but also all the people who had stood by the roadside and shouted through the whole thing," said Wiggins.

"Usually, the great thing about cycling is that anybody can watch it, it's very accessible. But here [at the start and finish] you have to be in the chosen few, it's a bit of a prawn-sandwich fest.

"We all know about Olympic ticketing, so it was nice to go back out and just show some appreciation for all that they did for that hour.

"It's a shame they, the real fans, couldn't see the ceremony, so it was nice to go out and roll up and down."

Top man Brad

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
An honoury TT Forum Licra wearing favourite!! What a humble guy, true class.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
I was expecting this thread to be ripping the shit out of the geezer... :lol:

Why is it in the Flame Room?

Top bloke. 8)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rustyintegrale said:

Top bloke. 8)
It's what is known as a complete fuck up by me......thought I had posted it in off topic :oops:

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Yep top guy a lot of today's footballers could learn a lot from him

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
CWM3 said:
rustyintegrale said:

Top bloke. 8)
It's what is known as a complete fuck up by me......thought I had posted it in off topic :oops:
oh well may aswell use the flame section.............you cunt for posting in wrong section :p

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gazzer said:
CWM3 said:
rustyintegrale said:

Top bloke. 8)
oh well may aswell use the flame section.............you doodah for posting in wrong section :p
Thank you, abuse respectfully received :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts