Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi, £40 from Audi on my 225 so probably £60 min for RS. :?
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Hoggy said:
Probably right! I swapped my number plate to the RS from the previous TT, so mine still comes up on Audi's quote system as a 2.0 - - - - which is nice. :)

From memory the first brake fluid change is due at 3 years old and then every 2 years after that.

Special less hygroscopic fluid from the factory? Who knows!

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
brittan said:
Hoggy said:
Probably right! I swapped my number plate to the RS from the previous TT, so mine still comes up on Audi's quote system as a 2.0 - - - - which is nice. :)

From memory the first brake fluid change is due at 3 years old and then every 2 years after that.

Norwich Audi wanted to change mine at 2 years, so I just got it done. Brakes seem important to me!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Just had mine done when it was flagged up at 3 years. £35 at Lincoln Audi (probably +vat!).

Don't see why it should be a lot more for an RS. Better quality brake hardware should make it an easier job.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
wja96 said:
Norwich Audi wanted to change mine at 2 years, so I just got it done. Brakes seem important to me!
I agree and I had mine done at the same time as the year 2 service. The 'at 3 years then every 2 years' change is what Audi quote and tbh I simply don't understand the thinking behind that; hence my other comments.

talk-torque said:
Don't see why it should be a lot more for an RS. Better quality brake hardware should make it an easier job.
Some manufacturers charge a premium hourly rate for servicing their "high(er) end" cars: Land Rover certainly do.
To be fair the RS servicing costs have been very reasonably so far, and I did negotiate a discount on labour and parts for TTOC members at the local dealership.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
TT-driver said:
brittan said:
Nope, a flush is never 100% whereas the initial fill is.
Even so, I would not agree that the difference merits a 50% increase in the service life of the initial fill of brake fluid; hence my preference to do the first change earlier than specified by Audi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts