Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

For the last couple of days I'm getting the Brake light failure symbol up on the DIS, accompanied by a nice annoying single beep. The warning light stays on the whole time. I've checked all the brake lights and everything seems ok. Could it be the brake light switch?

I've got an OSIR LED ring around the gear stick...could this be causing a problem? I installed it some months ago and everything has been ok until now.

The car has been in and out of the stealers recently with a number of faults. (I told them I suspected the thermostat from the outset, but it went in 3 times for dashpod, temp sender, lamba probe, before they got it - don't worry warrenty work! More fool them). Is there any chance they didn't re-set something, hence why I'm getting the brake light warning?

Any help would be great, as if it's a quick fix I'd rather do it myself rather than let the stealer have the damn thing again!

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bit more info,its not the brake lights,they work fine.
I know the previous owner changed the brakes recently so i doubt its the disks/pads (zlthough they have been squeaking on and off) ,has anybody got any ideas please or do i need to make a trip to a dealer.
cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to advise i got some info from will at p-torque and he suggested checking the brake fluid and removing the sensor to see if that's the problem.

I couldn't remove the sensor as i wasn't sure how to !! So if anybody can advise me i'd appreciate it please but the fluid level was fine and i just gave the connecting lead a bit of a tighten up and hey presto the warning light has stopped flashing.

My fingers are xrossed that's all the problem is but if anybody can give me a quick heads up on how to detach the sensor for future reference i'd appreciate it.
cheers

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think this is how you do it.

open up the brake fluid reserviour and pull it out the way, the plastic screw should drop a bit, and the senser is right there, you could give it a clean or just disconnect it.

have you checked the level of fluid in the reserviour??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheers but the fluid level is fine,no problem there.

Anyways my girlfriend took the car into audi today,they had a quick look over and said it was the rear number plate bulb !
Sure enough its not working but unfortunately i don't have a new one to replace it with yet,have to go back to the dealer on friday anyway so i'll get one there.

Anybody think that's the possible cause or just a load of flannel and coincidence ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have same problem but ALL my lights work fine......... including the number plate lights I just replaced. Although I will say that I get the brake light warning come on with a beep actually intermitentley, not on ALL the time.... it comes and goes.
Weird huh... just trying to get to the bottom of the problem.
As usual theres little or no info on the interweb. Its the little brake warning (0) but with a crossed out lightbulb in the centre of the (O). But as I said, it can come on for days at a time and then simply vanish for a few days.... but it IS getting to be more often.:
Checked the brake fluid
Replaced the numberplate bulbs

Anyone have any more ideas?

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,366 Posts

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,366 Posts
markcawley said:
I have same problem but ALL my lights work fine......... including the number plate lights I just replaced. Although I will say that I get the brake light warning come on with a beep actually intermitentley, not on ALL the time.... it comes and goes.
Weird huh... just trying to get to the bottom of the problem.
As usual theres little or no info on the interweb. Its the little brake warning (0) but with a crossed out lightbulb in the centre of the (O). But as I said, it can come on for days at a time and then simply vanish for a few days.... but it IS getting to be more often.:
Checked the brake fluid
Replaced the numberplate bulbs

Anyone have any more ideas?
Intermittent faults sometimes a warning of the switch to be failing or loosely fitted and needs to be checked how secure it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.