Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone got a problem with the relative height of the brake pedal and the throttle pedal on their car (2.0 TFSI S tronic). I find that I continually catch my foot on the edge of the brake pedal unless you very deliberately lift your foot back and over the brake pedal. Uncomfortable at best and dangerous if you catch your foot in an emergency. Local dealer has advised that it is not adjustable and Audi UK are ignoring the questions I have sent expressing my concern. May have to have a word with local trading standards / VOSA.

Raymond

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I don't really have a problem with it, but I do find the bottom-hinged throttle makes my ankle ache a bit. Once I'm used to it I'm sure it'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I know what you mean. Never really thought about it as a problem, you tend to get used to it and lifting your foot back a little off the throttle becomes second nature.

I was however reminded of it only last week after I got my TT back from having a dent removed and wheel refurbed. I was driving an Astra for a week (boy what an awesome bit of kit - not). Getting back in the TT I immediately noticed the problem you describe, I think it's more obvious after being accustomed to driving something else but is definitely there.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
yeh i know what you mean but i guess it takes a bit of getting used to. i dont really catch my foot because i know i need to lift my foot over but you can feel the muscle behind your shin working a little harder... :p

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
It's nowhere near as bad as it was on the Mk1. I tested one of those and instantly disliked the pedal positions. Every other car I've driven had the pedals at the same level when in their rest position and I'm used to driving by just being able to rotate my foot at the heel to go from one pedal to another. It's a little different on the TT with the accelerator being hinged at the bottom but I do find that their relative positions are a little odd and the pedals quite close together.

You get used to it, sort of, but I still think the design's not right when you have to bring your feet back and then press the pedals. The travel on them is longer than any other car I've driven (e.g. the clutch) and this compounds the issue.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
ScoobyTT said:
The travel on them is longer than any other car I've driven (e.g. the clutch) and this compounds the issue.
oh the joys of stronic!! [smiley=sweetheart.gif]

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
The problem I have with this is that it makes it very difficult to heel and toe, due to the difference in height between the brake and throttle pedals. Now I know that you don't need to do this, but I got used to doing it when gearboxes were not what they are now, and I've done it "second nature" ever since. I've developed a work round, but it's not easy like it was in my Golf. Dropping the brake pedal a little would be the best solution, but I'm looking at raising the throttle pedal, or at least taking out some of the lost motion in the mechanism.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I cannot heel toe on the TTS. I also have a problem with the clutch travel. It weren't designed for the track that's for sure. I'm not complaining though , I love my car.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I always thought the brake pedal was deliberately higher as a safety feature. To make sure that you hit the brake before the accelerator if your aim was marginal!

Mine has a plaster 'skirt' attached to the bottom right hand side of the brake peda to make sure you're foot can't get stuck under the brake pedal....and I can't say mine ever has!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.