Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the cnut who attempted to park at Man United's car park at Old Trafford today and hit my car, you absolute [email protected] and I hope you get hit by something considerably larger than an Audi TT in the near future :evil:

I went to Old Trafford today for a meeting and parked up in the car park on Sir Matt Busby Way facing the ground. On leaving I went to my car to find the drivers side front wing has been hit. The wheel arch is creased and there are paint marks and some scratches on the bumper.



The picture isn't too good as I am still enraged :evil: I went back into the reception and told the guy at the desk who quickly called somebody to see if there was any CCTV available. Anyway he said it might take some time and took my details and said he would call if they had anything. I haven't heard anything so I assume I am on a looser here :evil:

I have phoned the insurance and said just to record it as a 'notify' for the time being as I have a £350 excess. This is just a pain in the ar$e and something I don't need at the moment.

Any advice and any ideas how much this is likely to cost?

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
hi

if going through insurance, insist it goes to an audi bodyshop

not any insurance bodyshop

(1) audi can only cover you for anti rust for the 10 year for the repair, other bodyshops it is 3-4 year

(2) reprogramming of headlight into the ecu, when it is removed along with the old wing

(3) about a £1k, for new wing fitted and painted

cheers

p.s. i argued with my insurance for over a week and submitted a report by audi to get this done through audi and not a ford insurance approved garage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
keithM said:
(2) reprogramming of headlight into the ecu, when it is removed along with the old wing
What's this about reprogramming? Alot of us have had headlamps removed to fit angels and there was no involvement with the ECU. :?

Hope you get this sorted mate, from what I see the bumper is ok and can be sorted with some T-cut but you'll need a new wing sprayed up and blended into the door/bonnet possibly. It should cost alot less than your excess though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
ADB said:
(3) about a £1k, for new wing fitted and painted
:? That much?

I hope something turns up on the CCTV so if I do end up claiming on the insurance I can get the [email protected] to pay up.

Andy
£1000!! Thats ridiculous....there is no way one panel fitted and sprayed should be £1000.

I would say looking at the damage that you are better of getting that wing repaired than having a new wing.

Reason being they could repair that small area and then just paint that part of the wing and blend it in. If you paint the whole wing you run the risk of not having a perfect match where your wing meets the door.

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mattyR said:
ADB said:
(3) about a £1k, for new wing fitted and painted
:? That much?

I hope something turns up on the CCTV so if I do end up claiming on the insurance I can get the [email protected] to pay up.

Andy
£1000!! Thats ridiculous....there is no way one panel fitted and sprayed should be £1000.

I would say looking at the damage that you are better of getting that wing repaired than having a new wing.

Reason being they could repair that small area and then just paint that part of the wing and blend it in. If you paint the whole wing you run the risk of not having a perfect match where your wing meets the door.

Matt
That was my initial thoughts. I called to a mates house on the way home and he said it should be quite cheap to get done privately. It's now just the ar$e of getting round to get some quotes and then arranging 'down time' from work.

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Just for example...my local bodyshop charges £90plus vat a panel to paint and it will be spot on. Small garage and the guy is an enthusiast...he wants your car to be perfect.

Trouble with the bigger garages is that they have so much work with "approved insurance" stuff that they price themselves out of private work.

I reckon £200 should cover that repair.

Matt
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
33,050 Posts
There are some ignorant people out there! Sorry to see this. I'd give them another ring about the CCTV - not only will it get your wing fixed free but it will nail the culprit - hopefully :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
John-H said:
There are some ignorant people out there! Sorry to see this. I'd give them another ring about the CCTV - not only will it get your wing fixed free but it will nail the culprit - hopefully :)
Sorry we couldn't see anything conclusive sir....
I doubt they really looked, however it was worth a try. I am going to have a drive around a few local body shops and see how much this is going to cost. I'll avoid Audi unless the quotes are huge :?

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
why dont you ask to have a look.

to be honest it was probably not even recording. the old night club i worked in never recorded CCTV and they ended up having their fruitys robbed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a thought, are there any Manchester United fans on here that park there? I can't remember seeing signs up saying 'cars parked at owners risk'. There were car park stewards around, however it was a free car park. Just wondering if I can claim against Man United - they obviously have enough money :roll:

On another note I got a quote from a mate who has a body shop and he said £175 to repair it. His work is very good. It's just a shame I will have for pay for it......

Andy
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top