Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a BMW Z4 2.5i Sport Roadster. I have just checked a few AUC 3.2 Quattro (56/07 plated), and found that prices are around £20k and cars are well equipped (xenon headlights, GSM phone, sat nav. and even magnetic ride). Can anyone tell me why some cars have higher emission 244, whilst others have 224. I was also confused by the figures provided on audi website. 0-62mph in 5.9 sec for manual, but 5.7 sec for s-tronic.

The main reason for considering TT (Mk2) is that it is still current model. My E85 is now old model (especially dated interior and front headlights), lovely E89 sDrive23i is bloody expensive (from £28k with only bluetooth). I only consider Quattro because I prefer RWD or 4WD. What is the actual combined mpg?

I hope I can have some unbiased opinion from TT owners (with previous Z4 ownership even better). Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wallsendmag said:
S-Tronic is faster and less poluting , which means cheaper road tax. Facelift is just around the corner though.
Correct me if I am wrong (I'm new to Audi's technical terms). Multitronic is commonly used on A4/A6. S-tronic is not as good as Multironic. Do Audi also use DSG, not just VW? I think DSG is the best in automatic transmission world.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Mk1 TT had DSG fitted, Mk2 has S-Tronic - to all intents and puposes they are one and the same and are superb pieces of kit ......... providing you are willing to learn how to drive them (do a search for the various views on the DSG/S-Tronic)! The S-Tronic is the difference in 0-60 and emissions figures giving a lower value for both. I drive mine over a good mixture of Motorway, A & B roads and the average fuel consumption is 26mpg. Can get it close to 30mpg on a long motorway run under restrained driving but I've never actually cracked 30mpg. Can get as low as 22 mpg (but I've never manged to get below this figure) when used for short journeys or driven enthusiastically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.