Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, this is my first post on this forum... Hi all :) I've been looking around on here at what to look out for when looking for a TT, and i was reading something last night about dump valves, i have found a 225 TT that has done 119,000 miles Full audi service history ( will be double checking this when i see it ) but he says there is a dump valve fitted from when he brought the car, which to me sounds like it might have been nailed abit, boy racer sort of thing... but i heard they cause problems and TT's don't tend to like them, got this impression from reading this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202719 just basically wondering if you think i should steer clear of this one or not? thanks :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

can you find out what DV it is?
and i wouldnt think a car has been ragged the pants off if it had an uprated DV installed. there may have been a reason for it, possibly wanted a better sound, has it got a remap, has it got a different filter, at 119k the last one may have died, i got mine at 120k and the standard one was still fine bare in mind.

ask some questions, has it got good paperwork?

charles

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My TT has just hit 144k and it's still on the original DV. If it were me I would be fitting a new standard DV, I ordered one the other day from VW and it was £38 with VAT. Easy enough! :) go have a look at it and see what you think. A Dump Valve will be loads louder than a Diverter Valve they are fitted with standard! And as you said, The car isn't a big fan of the dump valve, they run better with a Diverter!
Jack

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, but to me ( just my opinion ) i always think of dump valves being chavvy and "boy racers" having them, but i guess looking at it from what you're saying it may not have been nailed at all, but anyways i left that auction to end and a steered clear of it just incase, the other thing i'm wondering is for about £3000 to £3300 say...what sort of TT would i expect to pick up, as in, would you pay that much for one with say 120,000 miles on it? and would you be happy parting with that much money for a car with high mileage, obviously taking into consideration if it has got FULL service history or not, and also i am finding that i'm being quite picky, want it to have xenons, preferably black if not silver, black full leather, 225, one after 2002 ( due to problems i've heard about with the ones before 2002, but if it's nothing to worry about please let me know, obviously the cam belt snapping early problem won't be an issue ) and with mileage around 100,000? am i being realistic, or a dreamer? :) thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
reeceturner3 said:
i am finding that i'm being quite picky, want it to have xenons, preferably black if not silver, black full leather, 225, one after 2002, and with mileage around 100,000? am i being realistic, or a dreamer? :) thanks
Sounds like you're dreaming - be VERY hard to find one that age, that mileage AND be in good overall condition with FSH.... Also think black ones are harder to come by than silver....

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
to be honest with FSH, and aslong as you look out for the essentials... soon as you get your hands on a car you can make it your own and know whats what within weeks. i bought mine for £3000... at 120k, i wanted a project. but now what ive done to it the 120k i look at as just a number but of course there are a few things youll need to change/fix/do to be comfortable.

but as ALOT of people say you can get a bad one that could cost you so much, if read a few cases on here.

the other day an old mate of mine sold his tt 53 plate 225 90k bose the full works minter for £3000, and i was genuinely shocked.... couldnt believe it.

mauvedipstick15 said:
Plenty of tt's for sale in the forum classifieds. :p :p
very good place to buy one in my opinion. if its anyone from here you know it will be looked after...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i found that, although i have come across a few, but they seem to be miles away! this one came up the other day but i must have missed it by a day or two, but it does show they can be found http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p plus it's an s line too, but i mean, the main things i want is the xenons because doing a conversion to a TT without them i can only imagine will be a ball ache, i've heard the headlights are hard to come by nowadays ( by the way please feel free to correct me on anything i'm saying, because the knowledge i have of TT's is just from what i've read :) ) low mileage and full, if not nearly full service history, i suppose cosmetic stuff can be rectified one i have the car, like having the leather seats freshened up etc, and i haven't looked in the classified yet, i'll take a look in a sec :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried looking for cars for sale on here and this is all i can find

Board index ‹ For Sale / Want to Buy ‹ Marketplace ‹ Cars for sale ‹ eBay TT's for Sale
eBay TT's for Sale
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

Am i looking in the right place?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Charlesuk said:
the other day an old mate of mine sold his tt 53 plate 225 90k bose the full works minter for £3000, and i was genuinely shocked.... couldnt believe it.
WTF?!?! That's CRAZY - why lol??

Maybe I'm wrong then and there are a lot of bargains to be had....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that is crazy! although look at the s line i posted the link to, that in my eyes was a bargain, i would have tried it on and tried to take it for £3250, but still, i nearly wet myself when i saw it! i genuinely lost sleep over that one! haha

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
AdamG said:
Charlesuk said:
WTF?!?! That's CRAZY - why lol??

Maybe I'm wrong then and there are a lot of bargains to be had....
mate i know.... i even called him after i had seen it being driven by the new driver to confirm and it was all true. completely standard but a freshy.

reeceturner3 said:
Yeah i found that, although i have come across a few, but they seem to be miles away!
i would rather go the extra mile to get what you want bud :) you'll only think what if..

and i may be corrected on this but im pretty sure all tt's have xenon's, bulb is a DS2 for mainbeam, H6W offset for sidelights (the first thing i changed)

the tt you just mentioned... i would be kinda worried about haha not because of the service history or anything like that but my god the lights at the bottom of the bumper :roll: what on earth was he/she thinking? its worth a look but a reallllly deep one [smiley=argue.gif] and im slightly concerned about the pre facelift 5 bar grille, and the facelift headlights? (someone who knows am i right?)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Don't want to rub it in...but I got a bargain! 2000 Audi TT 225 Quattro, full Black leather, Bose, Xenon lights, the works really with full history, new cambelt and water pump this year in reasonable condition bodywork wise and with 144k on the clock for the grand total of....................£1200! [smiley=gossip.gif]
Jack

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yeah really looks like I was wrong and there are some real bargains to be had....

Prices have really shot down even since I bought mine a few months back!!

Yeah I thought 02 is post facelift so should have the 3 bar grill....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah i'm willing to travel the extra mile, i live in Stafford in the Midlands, and i was going to travel to Leeds tomorrow to view one, but i mean, i saw a really nice one that fit the bill the other day but it was in Glasgow :x

"and i may be corrected on this but im pretty sure all tt's have xenon's, bulb is a DS2 for mainbeam, H6W offset for sidelights (the first thing i changed)"

and i was under the impression that the ones with the washer jets in the bumper were proper xenons, due to the legality of them needing washer jets and self levelers, for example the puntos have projectors in them but if you put a HID kit in it it won't be legal because the beam pattern is wrong, i could be wrong but that's the impression i have always been under, slightly confused now :p

and with the s line one i posted, from what i read to see if they are genuine s lines, its avus silver, titanium headlight inserts, 2002 and a few other things, but anyways that ship has set sailed as it has been sold :(

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
reeceturner3 said:
and i was under the impression that the ones with the washer jets in the bumper were proper xenons, due to the legality of them needing washer jets and self levelers, for example the puntos have projectors in them but if you put a HID kit in it it won't be legal because the beam pattern is wrong, i could be wrong but that's the impression i have always been under, slightly confused now :p
could be very right mate.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JAMason said:
Don't want to rub it in...but I got a bargain! 2000 Audi TT 225 Quattro, full Black leather, Bose, Xenon lights, the works really with full history, new cambelt and water pump this year in reasonable condition bodywork wise and with 144k on the clock for the grand total of....................£1200! [smiley=gossip.gif]
Jack
...Yeah, tad jealous, see i can justify spending that much on one with that sort of mileage on, but then i find it hard to justify spending £3000 on one with 120k, and could some link me to the classifieds on the forum pleaseeeee :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
viewforum.php?f=41

thats to the market place and there are actually quite a few... but if you cant see anything other than ebay for sale, i would think you need to make a certain number of posts before you can view the page.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone think this is worth a look?
The seats look a little shabby, but you can get them sorted right???
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

And okay i'll have to check after some more posting to see if i can access them :)
Thanks everyone for you're input so far by the way :p

1 - 20 of 88 Posts