Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My names Phil and I'm going to look at a 53 reg, 1.8t [225] TT coupe tomorrow.

I've just a few questions so I'm more clued up when I get there.

- does anyone know where all the chasey numbers are so I can make sure its all legit.
- I've heard about the dashpod going wrong and audi will only fix free of charge TT's under 5 years old. Would you recommend me getting it checked out asap (if I do buy it).
- are there any other common faults I should be looking out for?
- its done 25,000, is the major service at 40,000?

Cheers for your help :)

Phil

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
hiya Phil..welcome

if its a 53 then the cambelt will require replacement pretty soon. Service handbook can suggest up to 115K but general concensus is 60k or 5 years.

The chassis/vin number will be on display in the front screen passenger side.

40k service is a biggie...plugs, haldex oil and filter etc.

There's a sticky at the top of the MK1 forum with dashpod info

Other than that just make sure its a good 'un

Matt

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply matt,

Is there any other places where the VIN number is stamped so I can make sure they match up?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum.

I'm no expert as i've only had my TT for a month but there is masses of info on here.

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... hp?t=56080 for the dashpod info

There are loads of things to watch out for but a common problem seems to be error lights on the dash that can be easily reset by someone with vag-com lead and software. Mine came up with the airbag light after a few days because I moved the passenger seat to abruptly! a quick reset and It hasn't appeared again.

As soon as you know the reg number a main dealer can check if it has had
a full service history.

Good luck and I hope the car is good (or the low mileage might be because it has spent more time at the garage being repaired :lol: :lol: :lol: )

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate,

I have a little look round and I think it might be worth getting VAG-COM when I get my TT just so I can check for errors every couple of weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.