Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Firstly appologies for not being around for a while but what with getting married and taking up a college course in photography i haven't had much spare time.

Appologies also if anyone has previously posted anything along these lines previously.

Sadly the time has come where we need to sell the beloved TT :cry: and upgrade to something bigger, what with all the camping gear we have now amassed, my daughter shooting up at a rate of notts and the possibility of future additions to the family the TT is simply not big enough for our needs anymore.

Anyway i have been trawling through various websites and came across an A3 sportback 2.0 TDi S-Line, 2007 with 6,500 miles for less that £8,500. An absolute bargain, must be a typing error i thought. So i contacted the seller who confirmed the price and mileage are correct. Here is his reply in full

"Hello Warren,

I am glad you are interested in my car.The car is in excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition. I am the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle.

I have recently moved to Germany and I brought the car here too.
The problem is I have the money stocked with this car,right-hand drive it's a little tricky to drive it here.

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low: £8,495 with shipping and insurance included. But since it's a right hand drive car, not even a dealer will offer me a better price here. The fact that it's still UK registered did not help either.

Due to amount involved and due the fact I am not located in United Kingdom, I only accept third party transaction mediator.

You will receive the original invoice, logbook, keys and all the documents to register it into your name.The car will be shipped from here directly to your door.

Please email me soon if you want to move forward with the purchase.

Best Regards,
Steve"

Has anybody come across this sort thing before ? I know i have seen them before on E-Bay motors but i wasn't looking to buy then.

What are your views?

Do you think it is legit?

Is it worth pursuing?

I would very much welcome your opinions as i don't want to go ahead and be ripped off but at the same time i don't want to loose out on a potential bargain.

Cheers
Warren

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
An absolute scam, keep well away from this. There are many such ads on Pistonheads and in Autotrader at the moment.

Just think about it, if it is such a bargain was has no one already bought it!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
As ratty said, SCAAAAAAAM. Run away :p

If you want to follow it through for amusement value get him to arrange the payment. I'll bet he insists on an escrow type service for which he has a dodgy website set up. I had a similar scammer over a laptop I looked at purchasing while living in London. Didn't even go close to getting caught but it was interesting to see how he did it.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
scam. just say to them if they drive it to england, you'll pay £10k cash ;-)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As i say when i fisrt read the Advert my initial thought was it was a typing error in that they had either missed a 1 off the front of the price or a 0 off the mileage, hence the reason i contacted him. But then when i received his reply i suspected it must be a scam.

Anyway just for curiosity i have emailed him back stating my ignorance in these matters and asking what the procedure would be if i was to purchase the car (which of course i'm not) :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.