Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and need a bit of advise,im buying my first tt 1.8t 225 year 2003 from a garage, price £8990,It's still being prepared for me so i should get it early next week. :D I took it for a test drive before commiting myself and everything seems ok but i'm worried about the mileage 73,000 on the clock and no record of the cambelt being changed?
The garage said they would change the cambelt and waterpump for me but im worried it does'nt get done, is there any quick check i can do to satisfy myself it's been done, also is the price right? and is there anything else to look for when i pick it up.
Thanks! i'm nervous and excited at the same time!!! :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome to forum,.......Trust is OK if you know garage, but ask to see it done or get them to take photo..........if they want to be trusted I'm sure they will do it to assure you.
David

·
Registered
319 Posts
£8,990 sounds a bit expensive for an 03 plate TT with 73K on the clock.

Mine was an 02 plate 225, 68k on the clock with full Audi dealership servicing, cam belt done by Audi at 65K.
I paid £7,100 and was pretty much mint ! Bought last July.

·
Registered
319 Posts
OK!

Just had a quick search on Autotrader and for a 52 od 03 plate 225 TT coupe the TOP end prices are £8,995, lowest price £7,690. Quite a different in price. All the models are in the 65-78k mileage range.

I'd try and haggle a bit on price and I would be a little concerned why the cam belt was not changed earlier.
Does the car have full Audi dealer service history? How many previous owners?
Check the leather interior. Is it worn? Bose stereo with 6CD changer? Heated seats?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too late now to haggle, im committed to buying this car! ..however it is in very good condition and leather seats are spot on,there is also alot of service history with it, all audi dealership but like i said no evidence of cambelt changed? i rang audi myself and they said there was £1000 spent on the car recently but not on the cambelt? maybe i had a rush of blood to the head! buying it, but just hope the garage changes the cambelt like they said they would do.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does sound like a good car then but DO make sure the cambelt is changed. Ask for a separate receipt and proof that the work was done as if you sell the car on and you have no proof the cam belt was changed it will cause problems for you.

Good luck and do post some pics when you get her!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
ttpaul.a said:
Too late now to haggle, im committed to buying this car! ..however it is in very good condition and leather seats are spot on,there is also alot of service history with it, all audi dealership but like i said no evidence of cambelt changed? i rang audi myself and they said there was £1000 spent on the car recently but not on the cambelt? maybe i had a rush of blood to the head! buying it, but just hope the garage changes the cambelt like they said they would do.
ask to see the old parts that were taken off and or invoice to them for the parts if unsure

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
goose_moose said:
OK!

Just had a quick search on Autotrader and for a 52 od 03 plate 225 TT coupe the TOP end prices are £8,995, lowest price £7,690. Quite a different in price. All the models are in the 65-78k mileage range.

I'd try and haggle a bit on price and I would be a little concerned why the cam belt was not changed earlier.
Does the car have full Audi dealer service history? How many previous owners?
Check the leather interior. Is it worn? Bose stereo with 6CD changer? Heated seats?
It probably wasn't done earlier because the handbook says 80k or 115k in some cases and the previous owner probably isn't a forum member. Price does sound high but then again it's at the top end of that bracket so if the car is absolutely mint it's probably a fair deal.

When I was looking last April I looked at an 03, genuinely mint condition on 50k with cambelt done, for 10995 - these cars just were not selling a year ago but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. If it is what you say it is and the cambelt is done into the deal, sounds good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.