Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this Web-site and was wondering if anyone can help me.

I got back from holiday today and my 2002 Audi TT Battery had gone flat, I used some jump leads to get it started and all seemed ok, However, After i had taken it for a drive i noticed a slight whistling noise coming from the speakers. I have trying dis-connecting the Battery to check if it was a bad earth but the noise is still there, even with the ignition off and keys out, i can still hear the rear speakers buzzing. Thats not it, The Alarm keeps going off too, the lights dont flash and this is not the horn, its a small alarm in the boot, I have dis-connected the alarm so im not keeping people up all night but i was wondering if this has got anything to do with me using the jump leads earlier.

If anyone can help me, that would be great

Mant thanks
Luke :)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,581 Posts
Hi Luke, Welcome to the TTF.
More than likely the alarm siren batteries are flat/leaked & corroded the PCB.
May also be the reason main battery went flat. If PCB not corroded, just batteries U/S, it can be a DIY fix. Click link.
viewtopic.php?p=792942#792942
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply, I'll try replacing the batterys, I still not sure about the buzzing noise coming from the rear speakers, I have taken the stereo out but i still have the same noise, this seems strange as i cant figure out how the speakers are getting power, Just hoping i aint damaged the wiring when i jump started the car!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I imagine you've had an aftermarket stereo fitted, if you check the wiring harness you'll probably find that the wire which powers the rear amp is connected to the permanent live (red) rather than the switched live (yellow).

Stu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.