Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i think i have finally discovered how to upload pics and after being a member and addicted to this site for th past week i thought i better start uploading some pics. So here she it my new mk1 225 and i am absolutely thrilled with it. I have managed to get some pics of the car on the day i bought it but I am planning some mods so i will update as and when i do something. my first mod was to do the wakbox mod which i did in the first couple of days and i love the results (thanks Coope for selling me your box and filter). It is booked in tomorrow for a stage 1 remap and a 008p valve to be fitted at the same time. the StevieTT bling kit is to go on this weekend along with the red reverse light sticker. Any recommendations will be greatly recieved.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
83,926 Posts

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi Callum, Welcome to TT ownership.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The forge knob is a definite I was gonna order one last night but i will get it over this weekend hopefully, (trying to spend as much money as I can before the misses is back from holiday!) the short shift would be nice but im useless at messing around with things like that so i may just have to buy it then wait until i find someon who is willing to have a go at fitting it for me. Im also considering taking the rear 'TT' and 'quattro' badges off but leaving the audi badge on, what are your opinions on that, i think it looks good on black.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loving it Tokes, i had a z3 before and the TT is in a completely different league in my opinion, Ive had it just over a week now and everyday im finding something new that makes me like it even more. I can see me enjoying owning this car for a good few years unlike the z3 and with me joining the owners club i can see my bank balance also shrinking quite alot as this is my first car where i plan on taking modifications seriously and hope to get it right.

Enjoy the day when yours is delivered and get some pics up

·
Registered
15,056 Posts
I just took off all of my rear badges with a plan to replace them with black ones - but now that they are off I actually like the badge-less look and also fancy the easier cleaning. The whole badge-less thing has now got my thinking about the front end and cant decide between a badge free metal mesh grille or the FK ABS Sport grille ...

BTW - did you have to catch a bus to get to the kerb ? hehe j/k :) I'm worse to be honest ...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you take the audi badge off too Mullum, as i wasnt planning on taking this one off, if anything i may be tempted to change it to a black one but im hoping to change the wheels soon and i think leaving the standard audi badge on there might give a good contrast.

hahaha it was my first day of owning the car and didnt wanna scratch the alloys on day one like i did with my last car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
mullum said:
I just took off all of my rear badges with a plan to replace them with black ones - but now that they are off I actually like the badge-less look and also fancy the easier cleaning. The whole badge-less thing has now got my thinking about the front end and cant decide between a badge free metal mesh grille or the FK ABS Sport grille ...

BTW - did you have to catch a bus to get to the kerb ? hehe j/k :) I'm worse to be honest ...
Got some pics to show of the badge less look, Mullum?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Callum, your car looks great, in fact, fantastic!

Just to play the devil's advocate, why change anything else? It might be an idea to stick some of the dosh you were going to spend on upgrades into an emergency savings fund/account; the unexpected expense will always turn up!

(takes off Victor Meldrew hat). Right, I'll get my coat, then . . .

:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ragnar this is very true and you have a point, i dont plan on changing alot in terms of visual aspects of the car i love the TT as standard but i do think a nice set of wheels can really set the car off and perhaps another few subtle mods but nothing too drastic like a body kit or anything like that!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Tokes said:
Yes.....Another sensible old bloke!

Got to say I agree. Looks great standard.

If you are going for it what's on the list?
Oi, less of the "old bloke", if you don't mind!

Callum, it's your TT, and you can do what you like! I wasn't trying to be an old git, just thinking out loud. . . . I really like a black TT, and yours looks so much better than mine! Is it "Brilliant Black"? You've got a really nice motor there, mate.

:)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Callum_TT225 said:
Im also considering taking the rear 'TT' and 'quattro' badges off but leaving the audi badge on, what are your opinions on that, i think it looks good on black.
Hi

Does this help

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
looks very nice, a blank canvas. keep it OEM and she will look superb

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yh forest that really helps thanks, looks good to me, are the badges hard to get off. ragnar if im honest i dont really knwo what black it is i didnt even think to look i assume its brilliant black

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Callum_TT225 said:
Yh forest that really helps thanks, looks good to me, are the badges hard to get off. ragnar if im honest i dont really knwo what black it is i didnt even think to look i assume its brilliant black
Hair dryer to warm up the glue, then use dental floss to remove badges and WD40 is your friend for removing the crud. The paint code should be in your handbook and also on a sticker in the boot (I think)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts