Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am in a little dilemma and could do with some advice.
I don't know how much has been covered about cams shafts for the 1.8t engine here, however haven't found anything that answers my question on the search facility.

Basically I now have a stroked engine and bought an integrated engineering stage 2 AEB head. I feel to get the best from the set up I really wanted some bigger cams, however ie have not had any in stock since January. I have heard nothing but horror stories about the cat cams and the schrick cams don't really seem to give much gain. So I was wondering if anyone had come across any other options or happened to have a set of ie cams lying about. :)

I have bought a precision 5558 turbo kit from cts, ie new intake manifold blah blah blah, and the cams are the only thing that I am missing.

Cheers,

Craig.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
cralstc said:
Any ideas about the ease of install and also performance gains on a stock engine?

Thanks for your quick response.
No problem..i dont know a huge amount about them but should drop straight in
but its vital the cams are fitted correctly ie with the timing no room for error
so maybe let an expert do this although there are a few guides floating around
on the net how to do this i hear you lose a little lower end but opens up power
top end "i think" sorry can be of any more help :)

Edit

not sure this would be much use on stock engine ? more Big turbo hi rev
is where you will see the gains with this i think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.