Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where you ever able to get mudflaps for the TT? LM's are taking a battering :(

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,227 Posts
Hi, IMO the OEM Mud flaps are O.K. & had them on mine from new. If every one had them we would have less bonnet chips.
You will probably receive a few negative comments now.

Here is a fitting "How To"
http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/mudflaps.htm
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
It makes me laugh this....

First thing i did to the TT was get OEM mudflaps... and to be honest they keep the car much cleaner.. (not as much backdrft dirt sucked up to rear bumper) and to be honest if you fit the LCR splitter, the plastic imprint is identical... so doesn't look out of place on the car....

don't listen to all these people who say NO they look awfull... as i know from the NW tt'rs when we go for long blasts on stoney, dirty, roads.... there always lining up to be the car behind me so they don't get stone chips.... they may slate them all they like on here... but really they'd rather be behind me than behind a tt without them... :roll: TT owners are so fickle sometimes :roll:

[smiley=gossip.gif]

P.S they also hide the negative camber wear rather nicely from PC plod also... (not that i'd ever let them get so worn on the inside edge, but it does help to reduce the unwanted attention in that respect)

·
Registered
737 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
It makes me laugh this....

First thing i did to the TT was get OEM mudflaps... and to be honest they keep the car much cleaner.. (not as much backdrft dirt sucked up to rear bumper) and to be honest if you fit the LCR splitter, the plastic imprint is identical... so doesn't look out of place on the car....

don't listen to all these people who say NO they look awfull... as i know from the NW tt'rs when we go for long blasts on stoney, dirty, roads.... there always lining up to be the car behind me so they don't get stone chips.... they may slate them all they like on here... but really they'd rather be behind me than behind a tt without them... :roll: TT owners are so fickle sometimes :roll:

[smiley=gossip.gif]

P.S they also hide the negative camber wear rather nicely from PC plod also... (not that i'd ever let them get so worn on the inside edge, but it does help to reduce the unwanted attention in that respect)
Tony,I would like the mud flaps as well since i have put the spacers on the splash and crap from the wheels is so un cool,mud and crap from the top to the bottom of the car.
I think this would stop the excess mud and crap....

Jim...........

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
jim said:
Tony,I would like the mud flaps as well since i have put the spacers on the splash and crap from the wheels is so un cool,mud and crap from the top to the bottom of the car.
I think this would stop the excess mud and crap....

Jim...........
Yeah mine has 20mm spacers on the rear... and the flaps are great at reducing it... i've also got the front flaps too... which were heaven in the snow... as everyone else had the slush marks all the way down the sill... the only thing i had was to tap my mudflap and the snow fell off the falp... car remained clean.... (ALWAYS GOOD WHEN YOU KNOW THAT SAULT AND GRIT IS MIXED IN WITH THAT SLUSH)..

I got slated when i put mine on.... but to be honest... i don't care... their genuine, and in my opinion pretty stealth and unseen... after all without them you still only see a black thing hanging down.... (the tyre)

·
Registered
965 Posts
i also have them fitted to mine, had to buy them from audi though around £40-00 a pair :(
A...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.