Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
With a waiting list of 4 to 6 months I doubt you'll find any Audi dealer pre registering TTs at all.

I think that you'd have to do the "ring round the dealers" to find canceled orders, but its worth bearing in mind that if you identify one early enough (ie before the order goes confirmed) then you can change the spec to what you want.

G

·
I doubt a website exists with information on cancelled orders.

I would imagine Audi keep that a tight ship.

Good luck anyway!

In fact, just order one and do the wait like the rest of us! :wink:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mark17 said:
Does anyone know of a website where you can browse cancelled TT orders and their specs?

Also what is the general concensus on pre registered vehicles?
No. there is no way of knowing what cancelled orders exist. They are only cancelled in the sense that the person who ordered it has changed his or her mind. The order still exists, the car will be built and it will be delivered to the centre. The only time an order is truly cancelled is if it's something you couldn't get out of - think standard 3.6 fsi Q7 / petrol A8, standard (non a/c) A3 etc. As far as the manufacturer is concerned the order is not cancelled.
Pre reg vehicles? - have you got a Saab?
Cars are usually pre registered if a garage has to meet a target and can't do it by selling cars. They order sufficient to meet target, self register them and try and sell them on. You have probably guessed where this is going... A 6 month wait for a TT wouldn't suggest any difficulty selling them (also we aren't targeted on TTs as they are a "pull" model in Audi's terminology)

·
Registered
229 Posts
My Dealer had pre-ordered some cars for their own stock. When I decided to order, they just spec changed a TTS and transfered it to my name.
This is the second time I have dealt with them. The last time, last year, I was in the dealers when someone cancelled his order for a TTC and decided to go for a secondhand S4. I too over his TTC order and spec changed it then took delivery 7 weeks later.

Its worth ringing round dealers, I'm in Leicester but have bought TT s from Harrowgate, Derby and Coventry to get the best deals and delivery times.

Part Ex is always been about the same and the cars have been delivered free on trailers without any problems

Craig..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the useful info.

CEdwardPhillips, I take it you are a dealer!! What a useful person to have on this forum!!!!!! I would be keen to hear what you think my best plan of action is?

I am still torn between trying to pick up a cancellation or ordering and taking my chances on getting a delivery before August.

I mean, there's no point in getting a new car in August is there! I may as well wait for the '58 plate. (But I really want one in the next 6-8 weeks!)

I'm still looking for a black coupe with a fairly low spec if anyone's selling an '07 or a '57 plate!!!

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.