Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car wouldn't start after sitting for 2 weeks while on holiday. Can't hear the fuel pump priming. Checked all fuses and relays. Fully charged battery. Changed the fuel pump to new one. Still nothing. £235 quid lighter! Garage plugged computer into port and won't allow access to Ecu. Any ideas? Would the Ecu go into hibernation?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Why didn't you check the old pump first or check the voltage supply to it instead of rushing into things. By the sounds of it the two symptoms could be linked. I would check connections to the ECU, battery connections, grounds and the fuses on top of the battery also.

Is everything else working? do you get lights on the dash etc.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know I should have checked the old one first :-( Done now I suppose. Checked fuses on top of battery and all ok. Lights on dash ok, get the 'ok' symbol. Will check others. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
When you day you have checked the relay how have you checked it?

With 12v on the Coil and a meter on the contactsto check the resistance?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TT-TOM said:
When you day you have checked the relay how have you checked it?

With 12v on the Coil and a meter on the contactsto check the resistance?

I can hear the relay clicking when I turn the key.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Fed direct power to the fuel pump and took the fuel line off to see if there was flow and fuel pi**ed out. Happy days. So have to think why the power isn't getting to the pump. All fuses checked. Fuel pump relay good to.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TT-TOM said:
Just because the relay is clicking doesn't mean the contacts are making properly.

I have an autospark looking at the car tomorrow. So will hopefully have a solution.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it turned out to be the Ecu. Corroded wires that when using the car everyday kept the corrosion at bay. Leaving the car for two weeks allowed the corrosion to get worse. Problem solved and back loving my TT again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts