Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title says,but know thats not going to happen!! :) :lol:
after letting my qs go I got myself a golf tdi for work but biz going better than expected and looking to keep golf and get another qs(mk1 I know so sorry for bad language), or to sale golf and get the one car such as below...must be a tdi as do a fair few miles per week/year...been to see and not usually buy from a garage but my golf came from here and its been faultless. good price,good bad and ugly opinions ladies and gents appreciated before making decisions. mine at end of day but thoughts welcome that I may not think of tx in advance.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-AUDI-TT- ... 1c29133f09

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
[smiley=gossip.gif] Nice car.

It has a lot of miles. Seats look tired. Price is a bit high, but it is cost to change i.e.does he give a good price to trade in your golf?

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
missile said:
[smiley=gossip.gif] Nice car.

It has a lot of miles. Seats look tired. Price is a bit high, but it is cost to change i.e.does he give a good price to trade in your golf?
50,000 miles on a diesel in 3 years is quite low actually. I would agree about the driver's seat. I looks like someone was constantly rubbing the outer edge of the seat which might suggest lots of short trips. And the last 2 TDis that sold on the for sale forums on here were both 2010 cars with lower miles went for £17000-ish which means yes, the price looks high. And it's absolutely basic. No options at all. And it will need a £200 service in the next 2-4,000 miles. You can obviously check this on the DIS.

My experience of car supermarkets is they won't discount and usually give shocking part-ex numbers, so I would probably look elsewhere.

If I was buying a TDi I would want to know the % life left on the DPF (it should go to 120,000 miles but reports are starting of them failing early on lease cars (which this almost certainly is) which have done lots of short journeys (seat wear).

I'd pass on this one I think.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not so sure that the milage is a major issue, 50,000 for a diesel is not a lot and the mechanics of the car are good for more. I have an 08 on 89,000 and the car feels very solid. I am however, being challenged by stupid faults which are ruining my enjoyment of the car (window regular went and now the roof has stopped working). I'd recommend buying a slightly cheaper car and keeping some money in reserve for any AUDI gremlins.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep thought was a bit high priced. Have seen 2008s with similar mileage for nearer £14-15k. But have seen 2010 versions very occasionally for £17-18k private. If went for tdi would rather have extras but also want low mileage.there was a seller on here a few mths ago with a 2008 tdi basic but with 58k for £12k and was a "trusted" member. Think will wait for someone on forum to sell or there are 2 mk1,s on here in for sale section really interested in.
Golf would sell private as trade in crap.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
It is an S-Line model, I can't remember what that gives you extra spec wise though on an MY09.

That drivers seat would worry me, I sold my old TDi coupe with 41K on the clock and the drivers seat looked nothing like that. If you look closely its also very shiny which suggests people have go in and out of it a lot. This car looks to have been well used and not just motorway miles.

Also no heated seats, which is a must have option in a roadster.

I would keep looking for that sort of money.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Can you not get a Audi Approved used car for hat price? At least it will come with a years warranty?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From sound of comments then should be able to get a better condition better spec and lower miles for less then around the £15k mark for a 2008/9?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts