Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
A car cover blowing about in the wind will do more harm than good, a decent sealant/wax will look after the and some bilt hamber Atom mac sprayed onto the brake disc face will keep the rust at bay.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Car covers are a real mixed bag. They're great, and they suck. I live in an area where tree crud and bird bombs are intense. I also like the interior UV protection. But, you have to keep the car clean under the cover, and it it gets windy and you can't stop it from moving around, you will want to take it off. A good custom fit makes a big difference with wind. So, with that preamble, I've had good luck with covers from Covercraft and Coverking. Not sure you have them where you are, but in general, you'll probably want a 5 layer type material that's middle of the price range. Something like this has worked well for me:

Reactions: chrisj82

·
Registered
2003 Glacier blue TT
101 Posts
I use covers all the time for my TT cheap £20 ones of ebay are very good fleece lined i double them up use 2 at a time i get serious rain in Scotland cars always bone dry underneath i put a string right round the car cut it short then clip it in with a bungie cord works perfect never scratches car.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I've used covercraft before but as has been said lot's of faffing around taking on and off. Where do you put it when it's soaking wet and dirty ?
Has to be used only on a clean car so every time I came back from a show I had to clean the car first.
As been said a good quality wax will protect vehicle.
Mines lived outside the majority of it's life including about eight years at the coast and so far paint is in great condition for a 22 year old.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the Halfords All Season one.
I live at the top of a hill and the car gets a real battering from the wind. I found the Medium size a bit too big and it catches the wind a lot more despite it being the righ size for a TT going by the quoted dimensions. I now have the Small size on my Mk1 roadster and find it a much better fit. The three straps which pass underf the car help to keep it nice and secure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Bought one of these - Sealey All Seasons Car Cover 3-Layer SCCM a few months a go to cover my SLK as garage was full of building materials (now car back in garage). Worked a treat. See reviews on Auto Express Best car covers 2021.

As it was only for short term I thought not worth paying £100's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can i ask some advice about roof / half covers?
Ive had a no name one untill recently (when it tore apart)
with dimensions 279 x 145 x 61 cm (about 110x57x24 inches)
and it was too big (medium size)
unfortunately the store i got it from doesnt have a small size
but another store has both S and M, however with noticeably smaller dimensions
S 233 x 160 x 33 cm (92x63x13 inches)
M 248 x 160 x 33 cm (98x63x13 inches)
Now, what would u recommend ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi i mention this in my project thread but no replies so i thought i would do a new post, what covers have you got that fit well and can take a battering from the outside elements ? As the project car is outside all the time I thought its worth getting a cover
Hi I’ve owned a Coupe TSFI since new from 2009. It’s stayed outside for all the time 12.5 years. I Autoglym it twice a year and people remark when they see it how good the paint is and don’t believe it’s over 12 years old. For me the
jury is out on covers

Reactions: chrisj82
1 - 13 of 13 Posts