Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the part numbers for the carbon door handle trims and console I wanted to get a price from Audi before I look at aftermarket alternatives

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’ve looked at doing this recently and the centre trim part numbers are 8S2 864 26 and 8S1 864 261. Depending on if the car is RHD or LHD these should have either an E or L on the end of them. Give a quick call to your local parts department and they should be able to give you a price.

id have a chair handy before making the call as they are not cheap! There are some damaged new ones currently up for sale on eBay for £500😂

I’ve therefore decided to get my existing parts hydro dipped instead. You can’t tell the difference in the finished product and it’s a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s almost £2100 for the dash and handles, so I think will look around for used, or find someone to carbon skin my own parts, pretty sure someone on here was doing them, will have to search.
trouble With the ones on ebay is that the pictures are not the actual one you would get, the listing states various scratches some worse than others, bit of a gamble without seeing the actual one you would be buying.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What about spraying black and hydrodipping the carbon pattern? Carbon skinning will add thickness and I would be wary of switches and other components not fitting afterwards.

Wheeler dealers hydrodipped some Range Rover interior parts and they looked fantastic.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have experience of hydro dipping and durability, I have had a quote to do my interior parts and price is reasonable, just unsure if it is suitable

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im having my centre console and handles done at the end of this month.

Guy I’m using talked me through the end to end process which included the parts being finished with 2 coats of lacquer.

He does a lot of stuff for high end cars and showed me some recent examples of stuff he done for the exterior and interior stuff on a brand new R8.

He also does wheels too so I would not be worried about durability

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks,

door handles aren’t too bad as can use car without them, the console would be the hard bit I think, anyone have a guide for removing console and handles, I will have to look for him on facebook, which group do I need to join
thanks

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
414 Posts
Thanks,

door handles aren’t too bad as can use car without them, the console would be the hard bit I think, anyone have a guide for removing console and handles, I will have to look for him on facebook, which group do I need to join
thanks
Here’s my guide on removing the console:

And here’s Dave’s FB profile. Just send him a message:

And he’s a member of this group:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts