Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i got a phone call from a chap saying he could get my credit card balance paid off in full due to the fact id been given false advice when i first signed up for the card.
He knew my name , my address, my date of birth etc .
I asked him where he got my info from and he replied it was law to save all data concerning credit with a company called Experian (as id heard of them i let him continue)who hold all credit card data from when you first signed up.
He told me the % i was paying back at the time of card issue and that today i was probably paying 29.4% due to the banks raising the % without informing people therefore it was illegal and i could claim it back !.

He said his company used solicitors who would fight my case and have my balance cleared as long as i paid up front £480.00 and a one off admin fee of £48.00 . They would charge this to my card and then claim the total amount of my balance from my card company and clear my debt without my paying a penny !.

He asked me if i had a balance greater than £1385.00
He asked what my credit limit was
He asked which card i have
He then asked for my card number ! Hello !!!!!
I gave him a quick response and put the phone down . " minutes later he left me a voice mail stating that he was from a legit company and was doing nothing illegal and that he would e mail me all the info should i wish to proceed !

Ive checked the company and they have a few web sites (but that doesn't man shit) and they have all the legal stamps on the bottom of the pages .
There is no way on gods earth im giving my card number to some knob jocky over the phone . If he knew my name and details surely he would know my card details etc .

Has anyone else had this or heard of such scamming ! :?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I've had the same call, might even be the same people. I simply said if I can claim back some money then I'll look into myself first and then may possibly get back to them. Never heard from them again. We've also had a letter from what appears to be a legitimate solictor who say they can help us claim back for overpaid council tax. The letter had our address but a name for someone I'm sure has never lived here. It was a useful prompt though, our next door neighbour is on a lower band so I looked on moneysavingexpert.com and found out how to have our band reassessed, easy and can be done online too.

I never give out any information to anyone that phones me, there's too many scammers out there. If they do turn out to be legit and have a viable way of recouping money then you can bet you'll probably be able to do it yourself. :wink:

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wallsendmag said:
i can do all that for £250 , just paypal me the money as a gift
Thats not a bad deal, though you might spend it on bits for your motor or even worse donate it to the Newcastle players fund !

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Google their ass:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=callkerobo.com

Nothing comes up apart from their site, a few registrar sites, and this thread. I can't imagine they haven't advertised online _at all_, nor if their service was that good nobody has sung their praises on other forums.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Don't forget that even if this isn't a scam and that you were mis-sold the agreement for your credit card, it does not mean that you do not have to pay it off. In the, rare, cases that this has actually worked the individual is not obliged to repay the debt, but the debt remains unpaid. Therefore your credit rating is screwed. If you took the loans or cash out in good faith then you pay the loan back in good faith and let these scum that try to get you off the hook go to the wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.