Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Hi Joe,
I have had both resonated and non currently resonated Milltek and have been more that happy with the quality and fit of both . I prefer the sound of the non resonated :)

Mark

·
Registered
342 Posts
i know i have a different engine but i love the resonated milltek i have. only problem i find is its boomy at 200-2500rpm which is annoying on the motorway in roadworks. get it above 62mph and its quiet unless your foot to the floor then its nicely loud.

as far as fitment goes, the TT shop did mine and its superb, sits perfectly when cold and sits perfectly when hot and poking out but about an inch

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
TTCool said:
Good afternoon

I've narrowed it down to these two...Milltek or Pipewerx. Comments please and personal experience much appreciated.

Cheers

Joe
Just fitted Milltek. Very pleased, find it's not really louder than OEM, but a much nicer tone or 'burble'. I waited ages before getting a new zorst, read many threads on here about performance, durability and noise levels. Hence my choice. Incidentally, the quality issues that blighted Milltek a year or so ago have been overcome - otherwise I would not have bought (obviously!).

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I have the Pipewerx cat back resonated and different make 3" DP and Sport cat, the DP and cat does add to noise so went for resonated, you might get away with non-res with standard DP and cats. This is really high flowing as has 2 rear silencers rather than just one large one. You also get a choice of tips. The sound is amazing, deep on tickover and when on boost really makes you feel as if you have got your money's worth :twisted: :p :wink:

·
Registered
275 Posts
markypoo said:
I have the Pipewerx cat back resonated and different make 3" DP and Sport cat, the DP and cat does add to noise so went for resonated, you might get away with non-res with standard DP and cats. This is really high flowing as has 2 rear silencers rather than just one large one. You also get a choice of tips. The sound is amazing, deep on tickover and when on boost really makes you feel as if you have got your monies worth :twisted: :p :wink:
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have a resonated Milltek but also a decat which adds a little sound. It sounds just nice without any motorway howling. Its not loud but a deeper sound than the oem. Purrrrrfect :p

It is also over 2 years old and still sweet as a nut 8)

That said, the custom pipewerx that Mark has on his roadster is awesome for the money. When I looked under the back of his car it was a work of art. Very nice.

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
audi_tt 83 said:
i know i have a different engine but i love the resonated milltek i have. only problem i find is its boomy at 200-2500rpm which is annoying on the motorway in roadworks. get it above 62mph and its quiet unless your foot to the floor then its nicely loud.

as far as fitment goes, the TT shop did mine and its superb, sits perfectly when cold and sits perfectly when hot and poking out but about an inch
That will suit Joe he never drives that slow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Pipewerx full tubo back as well. Looks great, sounds great and now thinking about taking off the Neuspeed P Flow as the sound of the exhaust is awesome and enough on it's own.

Mine is resonated and not sure I could handle it any louder on motorway.

I'm based on quayside in Newcastle if you wanted to drop by to take a look or run out in the car?

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Hi Joe.

i have had the pipewerx custom cat back for about three years now and last year i added the 3 in dp and sports cat. As I was saying to Syd when he was thinking about it. Its the difference between getting an off the shelf suit or going to saville row and getting one tailored to fit you perfectly. If you are doing it then i would definitely go for the full system.
i originally had the custom done with standard cats - you get a nicer sound. I then fitted the milltek hi flow cat - you get more mid range torque. Then when the 3' dp and cat went on it was definitely the best combo. fabulous raw noise and much more pull through the rev range.

Having said all that i am sure the milltek is a good exhaust but i think the custom option is a bit special

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I'll be having the Pipewerx resonated cat-back with the two separate rear silencers. I'm tempted to get the full system with a 3" down pipe and cats. Would that mean a further re-map? Mine is an AMD one from 2003 and would my TT pass an MOT emissions test, I wonder?

Any further info will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
TTCool said:
Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I'll be having the Pipewerx resonated cat-back with the two separate rear silencers. I'm tempted to get the full system with a 3" down pipe and cats. Would that mean a further re-map? Mine is an AMD one from 2003 and would my TT pass an MOT emissions test, I wonder?

Any further info will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Joe
You wont need a re-map......you'll want one though :wink: If you go for the full Pipewerx turbo back with sport cat should be fine with emissions as think its a 200 cell unlike my XS-power 20 cell :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.