Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to change my left indicator bulb today as I have my NCT (MOT) tomorrow thinking it would be a 10 min job and to my horror it looks like I have to take the front of the car off or take out the battery for access.
Please someone tell me that there is an easer way to do it. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi.. just looked it up in the bentley guide.
Will add a picture as soon as I can.

Basically you need to slide the indicator light housing gently towards the front of the car. That should make it come off.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
As far as I know, it is a battery out job. It's the same on the wife's A3 :?

Mr L :p

·
Registered
28,018 Posts
just need the right technique...... which I cant remember now....

it was either stand in front and face the road or face the pavement to use the right or left wrist and you will be able to reach the bulb holder and 1/4 twist it with your fingertips.

it can be done without removing anything.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Wak said:

it was either stand in front and face the road or face the pavement to use the right or left wrist and you will be able to reach the bulb holder and 1/4 twist it with your fingertips.

Crikey Wak, are you double jointed ??
Or am I just too clumsy ?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice lads. After about four hours I have just changed my front left indicator bulb. I had to take off both front wheels, both arch liners, the bumper and then the whole headlight unit. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
What a fuking ordeal for something which should be straight forward for even those without opposable thumbs.
Of course by doing this I discovered a very easy way of changing the bulb (isn't it always the way).
If you take out the airbox (I have a cone filter so I can skip this step) you can reach down and just twist the bulb housing anti clockwise, the whole unit comes out making it a four second job instead of a four hour job.
I feel like a complete twat but maybe this post will save someone the pain I have just gone through. :(

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Wak said:
It was WAS that showed me this and he knows parts of a headlamp that you dont want to know! :lol:
I'll be happy with staying clumsy then :lol:

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Wak said:
It was WAS that showed me this and he knows parts of a headlamp that you dont want to know! :lol:
:lol: OK so im close to my headlamps :-*

easy way (I find) is to stand infront of the O/S headlamp and use your left hand to reach behind the headlamp until you can feel the indicator bulb harness. Follow the harness to the headlamps and BINGO you find the bulb holder . 1/4 turn and jobs a good un , bulb replaced in 30 seconds tops......but you dont want to hear that right now :wink:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I know...this is an ancient post BUT....where is this bloody front indicator bulb harness exactly located????

If I remove the back cover I can only see the xenon bulb, the side and the H7 bulbs...is it somewhere in there or under the headlamp?

Please...I'm kinda desperate [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Wak said:

True story....just f***ing awkward!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
cookbot said:
Wak said:

True story....just f***ing awkward!
I think I've found its location but honestly...though I've got reasonably thin hands without removing the battery it looks almost impossible to get there :roll:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.