Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I assume your engine is still in situ? What are you going to do if the clearenesses with the plastiguage are out? Remove engine remove crank etc ? I didn't measure mine as x wouldn't have done that other thing.

Any reason you didn't get rifle drilled rods to lubricate the small ends?

I made my gaps slightly bigger for more horse-power and if idling in traffic for long periods it dumps some smoke. I assume you have ring compressor? make sure you use a pistons to push the ring down when measuring the gap.

Make sure you follow the ARP2000 instructions when stretching the rod bolts, and be careful lowering the piston down into block to make sure you don't hit the oil squirters.

What head work have you done? Supertech Inconel exhaust valves?

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
What tubular manifold have you got, they usually crack, I have a Chinafold and ported it for a stock k04 hotside and recently re-ported for an AET hybrid k04 VT262-C as it has a wider hotside.

I know the stock exhaust valves are sodium filled and very expensive, don't know enough about e85 to advise.

Also careful cleaning the small ends, decided to leave them with the pistons in cola overnight and it stripped off the chrome.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Yeah, I think it'll crack.. they are a real pain to get 1 of the bolts tightened, some people use studs but then a pain to remove the turbo in the future. Mine also fouled with the heat shield on the back of the head. A stock manifold will make 300bhp if it is slightly ported.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts