Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the engine light come up today, the engine was not running rough at all, so I drove home carefully, not allowing the turbo to generate boost as much as possable, and hooked up my VAGCOM.

I got the following faults:

Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Bank1: O2S (Lambda) Correction Behine Catalyst: Crontrol Limit Reached

When I cleared the errors via the Vagcom softwear, the tickover became less smooth.

Would the D.V. be the dump valve, and is it possable to clean / check this futher?

It is a standard early 2001 180 quattro.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
DV is the Diverter valve Same as a Dump valve only it diverts the gasses back in to the system unlike a dump valve that dumps the gasses
You can test your DV but you will have to remove it and will need new clips to refit it there is a how to for testing on Waks site www.wak-tt.com and on the Forge site www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

·
Registered
775 Posts
s_jon said:
I had the engine light come up today, the engine was not running rough at all, so I drove home carefully, not allowing the turbo to generate boost as much as possable, and hooked up my VAGCOM.

I got the following faults:

Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Bank1: O2S (Lambda) Correction Behine Catalyst: Crontrol Limit Reached

When I cleared the errors via the Vagcom softwear, the tickover became less smooth.

Would the D.V. be the dump valve, and is it possable to clean / check this futher?

It is a standard early 2001 180 quattro.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Thats such a common fault code on the TT's and i believe everyone on here will have had that come up before, there have been many differing answers to the fault and it doesnt always seem to be caused by the same thing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea of the best place to start?

I looked at http://www.wak-tt.com/forge/forgetest.htm on Wak's site, that was testing aftermarket DV's, not testing the one on there.

Is there a big advantage of fitting an aftermaket Valve such as the Forge?

What else could be causing the problem, and could I cause futher damage by using the car or not?

Sorry for all the questions, I will post back with I get a solution!

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had the "Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)" code for a while now - haven't been able to resolve it yet. Changed the MAF, fitted a Forge DV, replaced hoses but nothing has helped.

Searching the 'Net will confirm that loads of people have this problem, not only on Audi's but its rampent on all the VAG range but nobody has a solid fix as of yet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On Monday I had a look at all the pipes and checked the plugs on the sensors around the DV and the MAF. Everything looked OK, so I did a hard reset of the CPU, and went for a drive, so far no more errors. I have ordered a Forge FMCL007PA DV and I have bought some ISOPROPANOL spray to clean the MAF sensor as per http://www.wak-tt.com/mafclean/mafclean.htm

Will see how I get on with that and report back.

Thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
289 Posts
s_jon said:
On Monday I had a look at all the pipes and checked the plugs on the sensors around the DV and the MAF. Everything looked OK, so I did a hard reset of the CPU, and went for a drive, so far no more errors. I have ordered a Forge FMCL007PA DV and I have bought some ISOPROPANOL spray to clean the MAF sensor as per http://www.wak-tt.com/mafclean/mafclean.htm

Will see how I get on with that and report back.

Thanks for the answer!
Best of luck dude! Let us know the result :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well as promised, an update.

Fitted my new Forge DV, sort of cleaned my MAF sensor (I do not have the correct driver to remove it from the MAF, so sprayed into the MAF in the direction of the bottom of the sensor)

While I was at it I did the WAK mod on my airbox :)

Pulled the fuses to clear any faults and set off on a long drive.

Got a couple of miles and the traction contol light came on.... pulled over pop'ed the bonnet and realised I forgot to reconnect the MAF sensor, called myself a twat, connected it and took a fast drive down the M20 to Ashford, few hours later came back, about 100 miles total.

All seemed well, nice new induction roar, slight woosh on changing gear.

Got back and hooked up the VAGCOM, my first 2 errors had not come back, but got a new one:

Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75): Open Ciruit P1548 - 35-10 --- Intermittent

I am guessing maybe is when I set out without the MAF sensor connected??

I have cleared the error and will VAGCHECK again in 50 miles or so to see if any come back...

Thanks for the advise!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.