Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we now know that steve of tyre forums is a load of bollox as a person as i assume does not exist in that form?

ok, so you have bought the TTF and can i please ask what it was that you wanted it for? and why was a long standing member of the forum recently banned for posting info that was freely available? who banned him and on who's orders or was it for personal gain maybe of the banner??

this is a bloody good forum and works well except i feel the TTOC has too much power here and needs to be brought back into line.....nick senior guy........john h another senior guy and both with major powers to dictate how the forum is run and delte topics or ban users as they feel.

is this a forum or business venture as in whoreing space for ads and fook the rest of you all.........fodder, come and go users

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Just like I mentioned on your other thread, where you were asking who the owners of TT Forum were, and how to contact them

TT Forum is owned by a Canadian company called Verticalscope - it was sold by Jae earlier this year

I've also used another site, http://www.volkszone.com for years, and the owner there has also recently sold out to Verticalscope

You'll see a list of all the forums they own and place advertising on these two links, both public knowledge

http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/site-list.html
http://www.tyreforums.com/

The Verticalscope administrator posts under the username TTFAdmin

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=65985

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didnt ask how to contact them just asked who they are or at least i thought i did reading back. i actually ask who banned Andrew and on who's orders and why. so can you or A another answer:
who banned andrew
why Andrew was banned
who gave the order

thanks for the reply Gazz

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
John-H banned andrew.

He banned him as andrew was posting information that up till a couple of days ago myself and John believed was confidential.

Nobody gave the order, the forum owners are more than happy to allow myself and John cary out any administrative tasks we see fit.

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Just to clarify, it was a temporary measure to stop all the multiple posts that were appearing but my battery ran out half way through.
When I got home I rang Nick who wanted to speak to Andrew before restoring access. We both agreed this was the correct course of action in view of the confidentiality obligation we believed we were under. Andrew at first said he didn't care about having his access restored but agreed confidential information shouldn't have been posted. Subsequently, Andrew pointed out that the information was no longer confidential according to the Tyre forum website - this was news to the committee.
In fairness, Andrew had not disclosed confidential information and he was merely trying to deflect criticism from the club in regard to the market place debate by making it clear who the owners of the forum were and on whose authority the rules were made.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
And i thought john-h was a nice guy :)

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John-H said:
Just to clarify, it was a temporary measure to stop all the multiple posts that were appearing but my battery ran out half way through.
When I got home I rang Nick who wanted to speak to Andrew before restoring access. We both agreed this was the correct course of action in view of the confidentiality obligation we believed we were under. Andrew at first said he didn't care about having his access restored but agreed confidential information shouldn't have been posted. Subsequently, Andrew pointed out that the information was no longer confidential according to the Tyre forum website - this was news to the committee.
In fairness, Andrew had not disclosed confidential information and he was merely trying to deflect criticism from the club in regard to the market place debate by making it clear who the owners of the forum were and on whose authority the rules were made.
would it not have been better to ring Andrew first to enquire what and why, rather than take drastic action against a long standing (northern tight git) member of impeccible reputation. i have only met him once and had dealings with him on mail on several occasions and found him to be an honest guy.
the reason i went OTT last night was that Andrew would not tell me who had banned him except that is was a TTOC member.
i do think an official appology is due to Andrew who only has the clubs well being at heart and has been wronged i feel. so you can delete my other topics if you wish now that the truth has come out and i appologize for my ranting. i actually thought it was Nick not John, so appologies to Nick for those thoughts.

ps give Hoggy more powers please as he is here 24/7 and has basic help for users with probs, you will not find a more dedicated mod on here i promise you.

·
Super Moderator
8,678 Posts
Why do you feel that andrew needs a public apology? I am sure John has spoken to him and ironed things out. I really don't see what it has to do with you anyway!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
because paul Andrew is a friend and he was wronged, i have no problem with John either i have met him and think he is a really nice guy. however if i feel someone has been wronged that is a friend of mine, i will make it my business to help or find out what and why. i promise you that you would rather have me in your corner than against it in life lol and that is neither a threat or a challenge. i just am there for those that deserve help when others turn a blind eye at times.

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wallsendmag said:
Ikon66 said:
Why do you feel that andrew needs a public apology? I am sure John has spoken to him and ironed things out. I really don't see what it has to do with you anyway!!!!!!
If only :?
and i have not spoken to Andrew today.......but by looks he feels the same lol. welcome back nuggett knob

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Gazzer said:
would it not have been better to ring Andrew first ...
The first priority was to remove the confidential information before it caused any damage. In this process my battery went flat. Nick had been trying to speak with Andrew anyway and thought it best to leave this for him to do before restoring access.
Everything has an explanation but to project people's sensitivities perhaps it's best not to pull everyone's pants down in public and let those concerned deal with things.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.