Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my V6 DSG for a year and a half I thought I would try out the launch control on the way home from work, don't know why I hadn't tried it til now! Holy crap that thing can shift! Im heading straight home for a change of underwear!

·
Registered
508 Posts
gogs said:
After owning my V6 DSG for a year and a half I thought I would try out the launch control on the way home from work, don't know why I hadn't tried it til now! Holy crap that thing can shift! Im heading straight home for a change of underwear!
The only thing i cant believe is how you never tried it before, if it had it it would be one of the first things i had a go at

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ragnar said:
gogs, more details please. Enquiring minds want to know exactly what happened. . . .

:p
I had read a few posts recently about launch control and thought I need to give this a try! Tbh I wasn't expecting a whole lot so when the lights I was approaching turned red I thought mmmmm here's the ideal opperchancity to give it a go, ESP off, left foot on brake, select S mode, increase the revs to around 2500pm I think, light went green, foot off the brake i was as good as in the back seat with the kick it gave out, once I'd composed myself and climbed back into the drivers seat i realised I was half way down the road and rapidly approaching the next roundabout, feck me, at least I'll be better prepared next time.........

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lesstatt said:
gogs said:
The only thing i cant believe is how you never tried it before, if it had it it would be one of the first things i had a go at
Tbh I had clean forgot it had the function until I read it recently! Ooopps

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
All this v6 talk is making me envious.... :p Its making my puny 1.8t 4 pot feel like a 1 litre.... "I love big sweet sounding engines" Shit have i bought the wrong car??? :eek: [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Damien.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
God knows i love my qs and the way i have made it handle, but the 1.8t is one of the most boring un stimulating engines i have ever owned. It sounds crap its power delivery across the rev range is very average. And i cannot get exited on spending thousands on big turbo etc....for me it would be like polishing a turd...??
I enjoy, own and love my car for the way it handles and feels, and that's where i have spent my money. But not for its engine. I've owned some awesome power plants in my life and this ain't no classic? As Wak said to me once you have owned and enjoyed a multicylinder its hard going back to a four pot. :?

Damien.

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've never owned a QS mate, I did test drive a few 225's before I got the V6 and tbh I would probably have bought a 225 if I had not driven one that had come up for sale at a local garage, that was it for me, I was sold on the V6 DSG, that car however was a pile of poo, it was a2005 glacier blue but it was rusty as hell, sills, door bottoms etc, it's was several months on before I found the one I own now

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
As Wak said to me once you have owned and enjoyed a multicylinder its hard going back to a four pot. :?

Damien.
Wak is totally correct Damien. To bore a little; Ive been doing up my old P38 Range Rover to sell ( who want 18mpg tops!). But when I fired up that ole 4.6 V8 the lover just flows again. So beleive me even the V6 can sound a trifle puny. Feel really sorry for you 4 potters with only the standard or BT as comfort.... Bless :lol: :wink:

Brian

@Gordon 's'mode plus HPA comp haldex is a thang of beauty.. - especially on a quiet early morning drive home from work...as in today :D

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
All this v6 talk is making me envious.... :p Its making my puny 1.8t 4 pot feel like a 1 litre.... "I love big sweet sounding engines" Shit have i bought the wrong car??? :eek: [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Damien.
You do seem to have professed a liking to the V6 on numerous occasions. :D How about this, I have never tried launch control. I have a good mechanical background and work on my car and just feel this is rather brutal. Maybe I need a saucer of milk too!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
Tritium said:
TTSPORT666 said:
As Wak said to me once you have owned and enjoyed a multicylinder its hard going back to a four pot. :?

Damien.
Wak is totally correct Damien. To bore a little; Ive been doing up my old P38 Range Rover to sell ( who want 18mpg tops!). But when I fired up that ole 4.6 V8 the lover just flows again. So beleive me even the V6 can sound a trifle puny. Feel really sorry for you 4 potters with only the standard or BT as comfort.... Bless :lol: :wink:

Brian

@Gordon 's'mode plus HPA comp haldex is a thang of beauty.. - especially on a quiet early morning drive home from work...as in today :D
Agree with all that. It just gets better with V8s. One of the guys on here sold his Mk2 for a an S5, I've had a drive and it's a fantastic car. It drives superbably and sounds incredible. I believe Damien spends a lot of time in the states and that is a V engine paradise. I was in Arizona last year and was after either a Challenger or a Mustang. Got the Mustand and 3.7 V6 was great. The 5.0 V8 Mustang would take over my TT if I could get a right hand drive one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.