Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some closed back on-ear headphones for the office. Having done the rounds of the shops to try them on (doing my upmost best to avoid the crap quality Beats by Dr Dre monstrosities!) and read the reviews, the AKG-K51 and Audio Technica ATH-WS55i seem to be the best bets.

My question therefore is around the sound isolation. SI is a must because it's a quiet office where 'leak' from headphones is noticeable, especially as I like dance/house etc music which is renown to leak.

Does anybody have any experience of either and can comment on the 'leak'?

TIA :)

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
I have no experience of either of those, but i travel a lot and find Sennheiser PXC 450 ones to be good.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toshiba said:
I have no experience of either of those, but i travel a lot and find Sennheiser PXC 450 ones to be good.
Thanks Tosh. Those are designed for noise environments to stop noise getting in, and invariably do have a lot of leakage through the cups. What I'm looking for is a fully closed on-ear (not over-ear) which doesn't have any noise leakage, so they can be played at volume and not disturb those around me.

I think I'm going to give the AKG K451's s a bash as they are getting rave reviews, are fully foldable and also come with a carry case. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts