Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Difficult to say whether the drips were from the bleeding attempts/brake cleaner clean up, a leaking breather or from the slave. So currently have some cardboard under the gearbox and operating the clutch to see if any drips appear. Currently have clutch pedal feel back and gears going in ok, but need to see if that deteriorates the more it is used. Now waiting to see whether if goes soft overnight again. No obvious fluid loss from operating the clutch currently, but slave cylinder is probably next on the list given I think I have finally managed to bleed the system through using the reverse bleeding approach to get in a position with no air in there now (hopefully).

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Try this for bleeding it as the bleed is in the middle.
Have someone press and hold down the clutch then release the bleed nipple slowly then lock up again, this should get any air out of the slave cylinder as the clutch pushes the slave back. Try a couple of times.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
The restriction in the bleeder is in other/later cars not the Mk1 TT
The damper is on the bulkhead
Hi okay so this is my BAM bleeder..

I removed the restriction by removing the bleeder nipple via the quick release and poking it out... I will have a look at bypassing the silver disc too...

Hand Automotive tire Flash photography Finger Audio equipment

Automotive tire Bumper Finger Wood Gadget

Eyelash Flash photography Iris Cameras & optics Lens

Arm Comfort Human body Gesture Finger

21 - 24 of 24 Posts