Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im experiencing what seems all kinds of problems at the moment, with the boost whoosh noice i posted on here a few days ago and now im not sure if my clutch is on its way out , it seems as if there delay when engaging a gear and then accellarating it does not feel like its slipping,the car has 63500 on the clock i bought it at 48000 so no idea how it was driven by its previous owner, what is the expected life of a clutch on 225 mark 1? and what is the best way to test is on its way out? i'd rather catch it early and not have to replace the fly wheel as well, ive been quoted roughly £650.00 for a stock clutch plae and bearing fitted by an independant in Leeds does this sound about right?.

These cars are bloody expersive to run.

My car is a stock 225 only mods are pipercross filter and a Forge DV 007p.

and help / advise would be appreciated.

cheers

richard

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hi Richard

A good way to tell is to get into 4th gear at about 2500rpm and floor it, if it is slipping it will probably materialise about 3500 when there is some decent boost, keep an eye on the rev counter and if this pauses and then catches up = clutch is slipping.

I have a 2002 TTR with 64k - bought at 45kish ~(so remarkably similar to your situation) and my clutch went in January at about 65,500k - I had had a remap for 2 years though and fried it whilst caning it up the strip at Santa Pod :)

It cost me £655 including the DMF and they showed me all the removed pieces afterwards (mates labour rates:)

Fingers crossed it isn't the clutch

Charlie

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie said:
Hi Richard

A good way to tell is to get into 4th gear at about 2500rpm and floor it, if it is slipping it will probably materialise about 3500 when there is some decent boost, keep an eye on the rev counter and if this pauses and then catches up = clutch is slipping.

I have a 2002 TTR with 64k - bought at 45kish ~(so remarkably similar to your situation) and my clutch went in January at about 65,500k - I had had a remap for 2 years though and fried it whilst caning it up the strip at Santa Pod :)

It cost me £655 including the DMF and they showed me all the removed pieces afterwards (mates labour rates:)

Fingers crossed it isn't the clutch

Charlie
Thanks for the advice Charlie
Do you by any chance have this baby in stock at the moment?

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/conten ... ct=FM225TH

cheers

richard

·
Registered
732 Posts
Its often difficult to engage reverse as well if clutch is nearly done , plus Charlies tip...............

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will be to testing the clutch proberly this week, but rang audi bradford who i must say normally give me a good price have quoted me a bum clenching £942.38 to replace the clutch/bearing/centre plate/clutch fluid and master cyliner, is this a good price for a main dealer? it does not include fly wheel they want about an extra £400.00 robbing dogs.

regards

richard

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Fatrich said:
will be to testing the clutch proberly this week, but rang audi bradford who i must say normally give me a good price have quoted me a bum clenching £942.38 to replace the clutch/bearing/centre plate/clutch fluid and master cyliner, is this a good price for a main dealer? it does not include fly wheel they want about an extra £400.00 robbing dogs.

regards

richard
Richard do not go to the dealer for the love of all that is good and holy :) where are you located as I am sure someone can recommend a good local indi. The DMF is very expensive but I can get you a new one for a lot less than that :)

Charlie

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charlie
what do you think is a fair price to replace the clutch / master cylinder and fly wheel all in inc Vat? (all stock Audi part not uprated)
i cant get mates rates though :p

cheers

richard

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update
tested it over the weekend and fingers cross i think the clutch is ok, i cleaned the dv valve and a hose or 2 the jubilee clips were rather loose especially on the red turbo hose, i noticed an improvement from the small jobs i did, next stop Vag chek on the 18th April for a stage 2 with mr Wak :p

cheers

richard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fatrich said:
Charlie
what do you think is a fair price to replace the clutch / master cylinder and fly wheel all in inc Vat? (all stock Audi part not uprated)
i cant get mates rates though :p

cheers

richard
My car had clutch ,flywheel etc fitted by the previous owner at audi last year bill was just over £1400,scary :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.