Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if by putting a non Audi Clutch Master cylinder in my car (Car Clinic Newbury) (Never Again) would put extra stress on the clutch release bearing and cause it to fail??

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
no it wouldnt as far as i'm aware ,unless it pushed lots more fluid down the line causing the bearing to get strained but I doubd it mate

I have fitted loads of master cylinders and now I personaly think the Audi unit is crap
I fitted an ATE one in mine and much better made and designed unit and half the price too :wink:

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,571 Posts
Hi hirrakki, Some forum members say because of design fault with OEM master cylinder, you are better off with non-oem.
Hoggy, (Must learn to type faster)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
hehe yes Harold the oem is very bad in design when you take it to bits you can see why , there is no allowence for seal expansion when they become spaked in fluid they eventually swell causing a blockage stopping the fluid to be replenished ao allowing it to expand back to the reservoir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.