Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Would somebody who has 8J0 614 517 ABS controller and Hill Assist enabled send me a copy of the VCDS coding for ABS/03 and Cent Elect/09. My TTS MY2013 has

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8J0-614-517.clb
Part No SW: 8J0 614 517 E HW: 8J0 614 517 E
Component: ESP MK60E1 0010
Revision: 00H60001
Coding: 0091958
Shop #: WSC 01236 785 00200
VCID: 2F671782BE350359C75-807A

No TPMS, no HA.

BR, Meteor

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
Both can be added by vcds if you have the correct abs module

On iPhone using Tapacrap

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
On your build codes sticker in the boot (or the service book) does it say 1AS or 1AT ?

1AT is what you need

On iPhone using Tapacrap

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Just checked my service book I have 1AT also, can I enable TPMS as well as hill assist?

I have been reading up on s tronic gearboxes (not that I have one) and on another audi forum they were taking about slight hesitation when moving away from stop, the guy was saying hold assist (not sure if that's different from hill assist) is the reason with the way timing is set on vcds. That you can adjust it so you pull away quicker. Don't know if that is true but thought id mention it in case it is useful for anyone.

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
rajanm1 said:
ReTTro fit said:
On your build codes sticker in the boot (or the service book) does it say 1AS or 1AT ?

1AT is what you need

On iPhone using Tapacrap
Cheers, I've got 1AT.
Where is it in vagcom?
It's multiple procedures, not just one adaption
Abs module, instruments, can gateway etc

On iPhone using Tapacrap

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
bhoy78 said:
Just checked my service book I have 1AT also, can I enable TPMS as well as hill assist?

I have been reading up on s tronic gearboxes (not that I have one) and on another audi forum they were taking about slight hesitation when moving away from stop, the guy was saying hold assist (not sure if that's different from hill assist) is the reason with the way timing is set on vcds. That you can adjust it so you pull away quicker. Don't know if that is true but thought id mention it in case it is useful for anyone.
Yes you can

On iPhone using Tapacrap

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Rajanm1 don't know if this would be helpful but on audi sport people talking about activating hill hold assist on s3's by doing the following

Activation of Hill Hold Assist.

Controller 03(ABS)
Coding 07
long code helper
Byte 16
Bit 0 enable (tick box)

or

Enable Automatic Hill Hold Assist 'lite'
[03 - ABS brakes][Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Bit 6 set to 1 to enable hill hold assist

TPMS again not tried either of these yet:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... edirect=no

Enable TPMS
* You need the 1AT ABS unit - check your stickers (1AS does not work)
[Hidden menu] [car] [cardevicelist] [RDK] Enable
[Hidden menu] [car] [carmenuoperation] [Tires Air Pressure Control] Set to 5

[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Security Access - 16] (probably with login code: 61378)
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Bit 3 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (PR-7K6) active (1 = active)

The TPMS need to be enabled in the Instrument Cluster:
[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4
Bit 0 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) installed (1 = active)
Reset MMI

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have also 1AT together with S-Tronic.
Is there some step by step tutorial how enable TPMS? Which is confirmed that work on TT 8J?
How I can check if I have enabled hill assist? I have felling that there is some help if I start on small hill...

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
_Dejan_ said:
I have also 1AT together with S-Tronic.
Is there some step by step tutorial how enable TPMS? Which is confirmed that work on TT 8J?
How I can check if I have enabled hill assist? I have felling that there is some help if I start on small hill...
There is no " TT specific "
It's module specific

On iPhone using Tapacrap

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
bhoy78 said:
aquazi said:
I have hill assist on my car.... Can prob scan it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
Good man :) saves me posting links found elsewhere that may not relate to the TT :lol: would you say it's a useful mod?
Not really tbh.... Sometimes i am lazy and want to roll it back (for example doing a 3point turn) and it stops that....

And clutch is pretty light on the tt... Can easily hold the biting point without any gas.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bhoy 78 - I do not think you can do long coding to 8J0 910 517 ABS controller. I do not know the controls behind the bytes/bits - that is why I asked if somebody has the same controller with HA enabled (and perhaps TPMS as well).

TeTTro fit - you seem to know the codings required for HA (and TPMS), so would you pls share the info with the rest of us.

By the way - my understanding is that to retrofit TPMS with 8J0 910 517 ABS controller a separate 8J0 907 274 C TPMS contoller, coding to CAN GW, Cent Elect and Instruments and some new wiring are also needed. Would be nice if just coding is required.

BR, meteor

·
Registered
333 Posts
meteor said:
Bhoy 78 - I do not think you can do long coding to 8J0 910 517 ABS controller. I do not know the controls behind the bytes/bits - that is why I asked if somebody has the same controller with HA enabled (and perhaps TPMS as well).

TeTTro fit - you seem to know the codings required for HA (and TPMS), so would you pls share the info with the rest of us.

By the way - my understanding is that to retrofit TPMS with 8J0 910 517 ABS controller a separate 8J0 907 274 C TPMS contoller, coding to CAN GW, Cent Elect and Instruments and some new wiring are also needed. Would be nice if just coding is required.

BR, meteor
Hmmmm My 2.0TFSI S-Tronic year 2007 have 8J0 614 517 ABS controller and central electronics 8P0 907 279 H (I see this from VCDS logs) ...

Im find that one user which have TPMS on have listed additional module in VCDS logs this module is 8J0 907 274 C but as I know this module is used with sensors in alloys... But this type enabling TPMS will be to expensive to try... If there is simple VCDS mod then this will be acceptable...

Today I will check my ABS, CAN, instrument long coding and try enable hill assistance and TPMS but I can't test them because I will put car on road next month... If VCDS will produce error I will know that it do not work, but if writting will be sucessful I will not know if real work...

@ReTTro for TPMS Im found one procedure but is not for TT and is for one another audi will it work?
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComABS.html

1 - 20 of 221 Posts