Audi TT Forum banner
181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
I am assuming that ODIS is also getting some details from other modules too in combination with the above choices. Eg I had a coding from a car with a gen 3 steering rack, and my car (with gen 2 rack) gave an error. ODIS must be selecting the right one automatically?

Good news from my end though, is that I have managed to make some coding changes using IPGs V6 coding above as a base. My prefacelift car with retrofitted D revision module now has functional hill hold :D I'm not done yeat though as it works only facing uphill in D, and not downhill in R as others have mentioned

I tested the car on a 25% incline. The HHA definitely works because:
  • When facing up hill in "D", applying the break, the break pedal goes hard and stays hard for ~5 secs before releasing.
  • When facing down the hill in "R", the same happens, making general hill maneuvering much easier.
So this will become trial and error I think. Unfortunately I live in a flat area so it isn't that easy to test out... But I am happy regardless for now

Reactions: darrylmg

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I am assuming that ODIS is also getting some details from other modules too in combination with the above choices. Eg I had a coding from a car with a gen 3 steering rack, and my car (with gen 2 rack) gave an error. ODIS must be selecting the right one automatically?
I honestly don't know. If I don't use guided function it will just display a number pad then you type the coding manually without any info. When using guided funtion It's doing autoscan from the start. When it detect a fault code it will create a test plan. Then it will guide you step by step in detail.

What error? Driver Steer Recommendation (DSR)

Power steering coding is blank on gen 3. This module is flashable.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
That makes sense. I have ODIS installed but can't get the laptop to recognise when it is connected to the car. I think it is a driver issue

I have gen 2 steering rack but I managed to remove the error, there is a coding bit for it. I am attempting to work out what each bit does, will post here eventually when I am happy

Reactions: IPG3.6

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You need to use the older driver. Then paste it over the driver installed. I can't remember and I don't have my laptop right now.

Did you run the software as admin? If you did not run the installer as admin it will not work.

What cable do you have Bluetooth or wifi?

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
I'm sure I did that, ended up repeating the process a few times so lost track now!

Yes I think I was admin also

I actually have both but more recently tried the wired one

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Is anyone with the below willing to test a coding out? It will (probably) trigger a fault code which I would like to find out. Then you can revert your coding and clear the fault code afterwards. All in the name of reverse engineering the ABS coding :)
  • A manual TT
  • A FWD TT

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
@MT-V6

I think I finally found out the reason why my hill assist did not work when I tried activating it using VCDS. ODIS is adding different value to activate it.

Try adding 1524 to your current coding to activate hill assist. Let me know if it works or not.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Thanks for that, I have replied in that thread, the more info we can gather the better.ight be able to eventually make a coding label for the TT ABS

My TT already had 1524 (1024+512) enabled at the factory. As in the other thread, it looks like +512 is AWD, not sure on +1024

Do you not get an AWD error when you try that on your FWD TT?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My TT already had 1524 (1024+512) enabled at the factory. As in the other thread, it looks like +512 is AWD, not sure on +1024

Do you not get an AWD error when you try that on your FWD TT?
1024 is probably the engine code. I haven't tried activating the coding because it will automatically delete the sensors adaptation value. It will require to recalibrate a lot of sensors like steering angle. Turning the steering wheel full left and right will not work. It requires to follow a specific procedure to relearn the steering angle once the adaptation value is deleted.

Have you tried running the ESP function test? It requires a wide road.

I will try to do coding for V6. Maybe 2.0 TT, V6 and TTS hill assist coding are different. On 2.0 TT, hill assist coding is 1524. I tried 2048 using VCDS and it let me change the adaptation value but it did not actvate hill assist.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Good news from my end though, is that I have managed to make some coding changes using IPGs V6 coding above as a base. My prefacelift car with retrofitted D revision module now has functional hill hold :D I'm not done yeat though as it works only facing uphill in D, and not downhill in R as others have mentioned
Were you able to replace the module w/o touching the hydraulics or did it require flushing/bleeding of the fluid? Or did you replace the whole assembly (they electronics and the hydraulics)?

Also, did you try enabling XDS, presuming you got a new enough revision for that?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought but sometimes it says you're not supposed to or can't do things that people find a way of doing anyway. Just curious as to what/how he swapped since he actually did it.

Reactions: Wolvez

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
1024 is probably the engine code. I haven't tried activating the coding because it will automatically delete the sensors adaptation value. It will require to recalibrate a lot of sensors like steering angle. Turning the steering wheel full left and right will not work. It requires to follow a specific procedure to relearn the steering angle once the adaptation value is deleted.

Have you tried running the ESP function test? It requires a wide road.
Yes when I fitted the new module everything needed recalibration/basic settings
I will try to do coding for V6. Maybe 2.0 TT, V6 and TTS hill assist coding are different. On 2.0 TT, hill assist coding is 1524. I tried 2048 using VCDS and it let me change the adaptation value but it did not actvate hill assist.
Let me know how you get on. I'm not sure what you mean by 1524 as that is 2 bits, 1024 and 512. Do you have that set on yours? Am I right in thinking you have FWD?

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Were you able to replace the module w/o touching the hydraulics or did it require flushing/bleeding of the fluid? Or did you replace the whole assembly (they electronics and the hydraulics)?

Also, did you try enabling XDS, presuming you got a new enough revision for that?
I replaced the whole unit so had to bleed the lines afterwards. Not sure how to remove the module from the pump, doing it in situ would be very difficult I think

I believe XDS is an MK60EC1 feature and all the 8J modules are MK60E1. I do plan to try retrofitting that still...

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Without Hill assist coding should be 608065 or
I am confused here. 608065 already contains the +1, so it is impossible to get to 608070, as you only have +2 and +4 remaining

Also 608065 contains +2048 (the usual hill hold bit) and also +1024 and +512 bits (you said you needed to add +1524 to your TT to get hill hold, but here you say "Without Hill assist coding")

Very confusing :unsure:

Edit: correction to my workings...

608065 already contains the +1, so it is impossible to get to 608070, as you only have +2 and +4 remaining

Also 608065 contains +1024 and +512 bits (you said you needed to add +1524 to your TT to get hill hold, but here you say "Without Hill assist coding")

181 - 200 of 221 Posts