Audi TT Forum banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
3.2 coding both 17" PR code. Do you get the same coding +2048?

View attachment 488543
View attachment 488542
This does correlate with what you said about the +1, +2 and +4 being brake sizes. Weird.

I don't suppose you would repeat the above 2 codings with a different engine choice (keep the brakes the same) just to see what changes? I believe choice TA2 refers to the TTS

FYI 610113 pretty much matches mine except for the +256 which relates to the gen3 steering rack I believe (I have brake 1LK), so that makes sense (y)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I replaced the whole unit so had to bleed the lines afterwards. Not sure how to remove the module from the pump, doing it in situ would be very difficult I think

I believe XDS is an MK60EC1 feature and all the 8J modules are MK60E1. I do plan to try retrofitting that still...
Oh I see so you're gonna swap it again?

I'm thinking of getting a beefier rear anti roll bar--the stock one is tiny! See if mechanical can trump electronics haha. I mean it's probably better just isn't free like XDS. (Of course since the brake module has to be changed it's not free on this car anyway.)

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Probably at some point. I was holding off for ages so thought I'd just get a TT one for now and make life easy for myself. I'll sell my old one and probably recoup most of it back

It was also a challenge for myself, to get hill hold working on a prefacelift car as I see no other reports of people managing it, so at least we now know it can be done (except for the 'reversing up a hill' scenario which doesn't seem to work still)

I wanted to get past that hurdle before fitting something from another model completely

Rear anti roll bar is on my list too :)

Reactions: TT'sRevenge

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This does correlate with what you said about the +1, +2 and +4 being brake sizes. Weird.

I don't suppose you would repeat the above 2 codings with a different engine choice (keep the brakes the same) just to see what changes? I believe choice TA2 refers to the TTS
3.2 Coding for 18" is 610119

I think Gen 2 steering software don't support hill assist that's why they made a Gen3. Hill assist feature came out with Driver Steer Recommendation (DSR).

Just notice the selected powertrain selected FWD or AWD is not displayed on the calculated coding.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Well randomly yesterday hill hold worked when I was pointing downhill. It was a steep hill, I'm wondering if the downhill threshold is steeper than uphill? Anyone else noticed anything like that?

Else maybe I wasn't using it properly or maybe after some miles it has adapted itself or something

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Well randomly yesterday hill hold worked when I was pointing downhill. It was a steep hill, I'm wondering if the downhill threshold is steeper than uphill? Anyone else noticed anything like that?

Else maybe I wasn't using it properly or maybe after some miles it has adapted itself or something
TBH it seems random either way if you ask me. Sometimes you're on an incline going up/forwards where you think it should certainly engage...and it doesn't. Sometimes you feel it engage on such a slight incline you're wondering why it did. It gets it right most of the time, but I think it also is doing a lot more calculations than we imagine to determine whether the "backwards load" is going to be greater than what the slipped clutch at a stop is capable of being even with/overcoming without having to line lock the brakes. It's not just as simple as say using an angle sensor/accelerometer to determine engagement...which it certainly could but hey thees is ze Germans we're talking about :LOL:

I remember when I first read the SSP on how the DSG shifter assembly works and I was thinking "WTH??? Shouldn't it just be a simple detent/switch operation shifter like any other?" Nope it's this relatively complicated electronic thing with all these sensors and whatever in there. Why it needs to be like that, is anybody's guess.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
You are probably right, and especially since the DSG starts to bite immediately when lifting foot from the brake, maybe it reaches the clutch biting point very quickly in comparison to a manual

At least I know mine works correctly, it was bugging me that it seemed to only "half work"

I live in quite a flat area so I only tend to notice it working at all when I'm out somewhere

Reactions: TT'sRevenge

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I disabled HHA since the last time I did DSG basic setting more than a year ago. So annoying that I have to apply throttle to move forward from a complete stop on a mild incline. There is also no warning light to tell if HHA is working properly or not.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
You are probably right, and especially since the DSG starts to bite immediately when lifting foot from the brake, maybe it reaches the clutch biting point very quickly in comparison to a manual

At least I know mine works correctly, it was bugging me that it seemed to only "half work"

I live in quite a flat area so I only tend to notice it working at all when I'm out somewhere
So funny thing about this HHA on the TT. I actually never enabled it on the car because I felt it didn't need it (as Audi seems to have felt as well)--I always figured this was because the car is lighter (than all the other cars on the platform). Anyway I did enable it since I had VCDS hooked up to reset my service thing recently.

Annnddd. Doesn't work, lol. I enabled it by checking the box, but driving the car thereafter it definitely doesn't work at all--I think this is how your car was too, before you changed out the ABS control/module? I will double check to see if I did remember to save the coding but I'm pretty sure I did. It takes it, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Now OTOH I can't get the parking assist to enable OPS as the module just rejects the coding--of course that's an entirely different thing but what I mean is it straight up errors out and says it's not compatible. With the ABS unit, it takes the coding...it just doesn't work in reality it seems.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
You probably did not change the adaptation value. Coding only unlocks the adaptation channel, if adaptation value is set to 0 it's not active.
Hmm good point! I didn't check the adaptation, I assumed it would be on the default setting but I'll check that and report back.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Now OTOH I can't get the parking assist to enable OPS as the module just rejects the coding--of course that's an entirely different thing but what I mean is it straight up errors out and says it's not compatible.
OPS requires 8 sensor PDC and a compatible control module

I think pcbbc might have an RNSE mod for it though but not sure...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
OPS requires 8 sensor PDC and a compatible control module

I think pcbbc might have an RNSE mod for it though but not sure...
Yeah that's what I mean--have his firmware but I can't set the coding for it. I have the exact same parking module and software revision as someone else that could enable it, but I just get an out of range error--don't get it.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Ah right, I'm not sure then... Maybe make another thread and we can discuss it?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ah right, I'm not sure then... Maybe make another thread and we can discuss it?
I got it figured out :) Even though I thought I had put in security access, maybe I'd closed that module and went back into it. It was merely a security access issue--I guess I'll update with a post on that thread.

As for HHA, the settings in VCDS are somewhat messed up. The actual adaptations seem to say that:
0 = normal
1 = early
2 = late
3 = late

But the popup dialog says that
0 = disabled
1 = normal
2 = early
3 = late

The latter group would make more sense to me and I did have it set to 1 (and was not working in reality). I've now set it to 0 and will then try 2 if 0 doesn't work, but I have a feeling neither will work.

Interestingly in the SSP 381 document it mentions
SSP 381 said:
In the ESP control unit has the same integrated
functions as in the Mk60 control unit on the Audi
A3, however these functions have been adapted to
the Audi TT. The hill hold assist (hha) and driver
steering recommendation (dsr) functions will be
implemented at a later date. The Audi A3 system
has been modified with regard to the operation of
the ESP Off key
It seems like this "later date" never really came? lol The document is from 2007 so if there's cars that are like 2013 and never rec'd these things, not sure they ever really followed up on that in the Mk2 years.

Also interesting DSR isn't implemented and later in the same document it mentions the steering rack is also modified from the A3 and does not have DSR support; though granted this is a very subtle feature and isn't really that important.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Yes there is a big in VCDS, the popup is the correct values

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The latter group would make more sense to me and I did have it set to 1 (and was not working in reality). I've now set it to 0 and will then try 2 if 0 doesn't work, but I have a feeling neither will work.

It seems like this "later date" never really came? lol The document is from 2007 so if there's cars that are like 2013 and never rec'd these things, not sure they ever really followed up on that in the Mk2 years.

Also interesting DSR isn't implemented and later in the same document it mentions the steering rack is also modified from the A3 and does not have DSR support; though granted this is a very subtle feature and isn't really that important.
Later date is year 2008. If HHA is not supported you will not see the adaptation channel. Some settings changes requires turning off the ignition switch before they are implemented. Did you recalibrated the sensors?

DSR is on the power steering module not on the ABS.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Later date is year 2008. If HHA is not supported you will not see the adaptation channel. Some settings changes requires turning off the ignition switch before they are implemented. Did you recalibrated the sensors?
I've enabled HHA on various other PQ35 cars, for other ppl, never had to recalibrate any sensors, it just worked. Still not feeling it working on the TT after selecting 0 adaptation (it didn't work on 1 either, as mentioned), will try 2 on the next drive and see what happens there but seems like not gonna work on this controller regardless of the coding and adaptation settings being there.

DSR is on the power steering module not on the ABS.
In the MK60EC1 the settings for DSR are in the ABS module. Again, have adjusted this on other cars that's where it is:

My TT (with MK60E1) neither has any option in the ABS module nor the steering module for DSR--this is as intended/expected as per the SSP document. Doesn't seem like the rack supports it. But this is neither here nor there, I was just mentioning it as a note that exactly as the SSP says, these features aren't on the TT, at least not on an S of my model year, of Canadian spec.

Can this be done similarly in VCDS? Is it the same as the ABS/ESP function test? If so I can try it out (it's a real PITA to complete this test as you need a gigantic empty lot) but again don't think this is gonna do it since never had to do this on any other car I enabled HHA on.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,491 Posts
Still not feeling it working on the TT after selecting 0 adaptation (it didn't work on 1 either, as mentioned), will try 2
0 is definitely off. I have mine on 2 with my DSG. You obviously don't have clutch control so I find 2 works well enough so far in my limited use

201 - 220 of 221 Posts