Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the RAC coming out to work as I had a bad loss of power this morning and car would not pull at all (bad misfire).

Anyone have any experience of whether they'll replace it for me and with what?

I can't really drive home with it as it is now.

Update:
Phone just rang and they will be approx 4 hours - good job I'm not stuck somewhere! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
KentishTT said:
I have the RAC coming out to work as I had a bad loss of power this morning and car would not pull at all (bad misfire).

Anyone have any experience of whether they'll replace it for me and with what?

I can't really drive home with it as it is now.

Update:
Phone just rang and they will be approx 4 hours - good job I'm not stuck somewhere! :)
I had the same problem 6 weeks ago,when on the phone to them(AA) i asked if they would have a coil pack to replace and she said yes he would.as thought it was number 2 that went,guy comes out and fitted a bosch part.It started at £70 but managed to pay just £32 for the part .

Jim.......

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a bit of a result jim! :)

The guy I spoke with had no idea what a coil pack is, he said "what was that, a coal pack"

Yes mate, that's right - it runs on steam :wink:

Why do people who work for companies like halfords, the AA, RAC etc appear to have no technical knowledge?

·
Registered
737 Posts
KentishTT said:
That was a bit of a result jim! :)

The guy I spoke with had no idea what a coil pack is, he said "what was that, a coal pack"

Yes mate, that's right - it runs on steam :wink:

Why do people who work for companies like halfords, the AA, RAC etc appear to have no technical knowledge?
Yes it was Kev,but i said to the guy he would have to tow me home as i was not paying that price(but i was stuck approx 80 miles fom home)so hence £32..........Ha Ha
Kev,dont let them pull the wool over your eyes mate dont pay over the odds and make sure that they take the engine management light off......

Dont pay any more than £40 for the part.......

Jim...........

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
KentishTT said:
Because you don't need any to sell air fresheners, house insurance or tow ropes... :wink:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
4th Emergency service :? ..... Why are you calling out the Coastguard :?: :p :wink:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:p

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jim said:
Remember and let us know how you got on......
Will do, thanks! :)

Still waiting for them at the mo.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
been chatting to the aa man in our road, to me over the last couple of days he really has been the 4th emergency service, he carries coil packs for all makes and models.it could even be him coming to you kentish.

·
Registered
737 Posts
doober said:
been chatting to the aa man in our road, to me over the last couple of days he really has been the 4th emergency service, he carries coil packs for all makes and models.it could even be him coming to you kentish.
have you joined the AA too........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could be coil pack but they weren't sure as it did not show up on their scan (but apparently their diagnostic scanner is quiote basic).

They don't carry coil packs for the 1.8T anyway but they do have a temporary one they fit to "get you home".

There was another issue; I'll post a new topic shortly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.