Audi TT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of a tt in condor grey?

I really like the way the condor grey metallic looks in the pic's, my only concern is that the trim is really grey and it seems to draw your eyes down there. On other cars i barely notice it. Also is it just me or is it a little greener in the shade and more grey in the sunlight?

I guess that is cool, i haven't really seen another car change appearance like that in pics.

I want something that looks masculine yet isn't real flashy and lets the car speak for itself. That color is rare in the U.S. where most TT's i see are black or silver.

That one seems to fit the bill, but i'd like to see it without the metallic. i haven't been able to find one with a search engine.

thanks all. great pictures on this thread. :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The 1st picture in this sticky is of Condor, also look at FinFerNan's sig that is Condor too

·
Registered
8 Posts
TommyTippee said:
The 1st picture in this sticky is of Condor, also look at FinFerNan's sig that is Condor too
those are the condor grey with the metallic option I believe Am looking for some pics of the condor grey (non-metallic). The metallic has that greenish hint which some people don't like but I actually do. I'd just like to see it without the metallic for comparison.

The daytona and other grey's are stunning but a bit to dark for me. If I could go dark I'd go black with the pearl effect. But mine is going to get fairly dirty where I drive it, and while silver is probably the best option for that, it just seemed to me like i see the silver ones every where (for good reason I guess).

They seem to be selling a good many of the Q7's in the condor grey metallic now though.

so tough to choose. :? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some color info on new vehicals if anyone is interested. :)

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/w ... t=printTop

Move over silver, white is right in car paint color

By Shawn Langlois, MarketWatch
Last update: 5:01 p.m. EST Dec. 5, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Green may be symbolic of the environmental push toward low-emission, fuel-sipping vehicles, but drivers choose lemon over lime when it comes to the color of their car, according to a recent study from DuPont.

In fact, only 2% of new vehicles built in North America are painted green, compared to 3% for yellow, the chemical company concluded in its 2007 survey.

At the top of the list, white put an end to silver's seven-year stint in the lead, with 19% of new cars opting for the absence of color rather than the flagship shade of German sports cars.

Black at 16% wasn't too far behind, followed by red, gray and blue. After that, there was a marked fall off to beige, then yellow and green.
"The growth of white pearl and black effect represents two neutrals with special effects, including metallic and hue shifting finishes," Karen Surcina, DuPont's color marketing and technology manager, said. "This provides a safe color space for customers with the ability to add a level of customization or flair."

A theme of customization is also taking shape, Surcina said, with vibrant colors like red and orange growing in worldwide popularity.

By segment, the study showed that silver still remains the top choice for compacts, sports cars and crossovers, but takes a back seat to white in the luxury and SUV/truck categories.

Geographically, black is number one in Europe, coating a quarter of all new vehicles. Mexico is a big fan of white at about 32%. Brazil and China stand by silver as does South Korea, with a whopping 39% of cars built in 2007.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi S4A - that colour looks like an Audi special colour called Avus Silver. There is only one Condor Grey and it is metallic.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi S4A - that roadster is on the Audi used car web site where you can blow it up to full screen size. I am now wondering if the photos are affected by the light i.e. pictured into the light.

More to the point would someone pay £1600 for Avus silver and then leave the std alloys on ?

A quick call to Audi Doncaster will confirm one way or another.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This thread of pictures of TT MKIIs makes me proud to be joining your world. I collect my MKII on Saturday - me and my mate are driving to Aberdeen to collect it! Black with black interior Roadster.

It's a company car so I had a limit to what I could spec on the car (therefore very basic). Nevertheless looking forward to it very much.

Have I made the right choice getting a TT??

PS Thinking of putting after market alloys on it - Company Car girl approves (unbelievable I know). Any advice? - have a mate that works at Rimstock and can do me a deal on alloys. Thinking about 19" chrome "Equinox". http://www.rimstock.co.uk/rimstockuk/wheelrange.php

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
White, Condor Grey and Red for me, or decisions, waiting for the TTS to come out..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hani said:
is this a condor grey tt?

Looks like it to me. I'm still waiting on mine. It photographs real differently in bright light and when its dark or in the shadow's it seems.

Another 2-3 weeks I'm told till mine gets here. When i get it i'll post some pics. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Two more of the condor's i found on the web, from the allapprovedcars website that are pretty high res.

i believe these both to be condor grey metallic even though the first one is a shade greenier. Someone that owns one is welcome to correct me on this, i'm going off the Q7 in that color I've seen as well as the photo's on the web but this color seems to be more greyish in broad daylight and then it takes on a greener look in doors or in the shade.

still waiting on mine. *sigh* Will post a few pics when it in. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
For those still looking for pictures of Condor Grey ... here's another one :p

61 - 80 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.