Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just ordered a tts and Iv seem on the Audi a5 and mercades cars that when you lock the door the DRL come on

Is this an option for the tt?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Blacknerd said:
Wallsendmag said:
Blacknerd said:
Iv just ordered a tts and Iv seem on the Audi a5 and mercades cars that when you lock the door the DRL come on

Is this an option for the tt?
Yes, with auto lights I believe.
there's no auto lights option on the TT
Funny as we have them.

Not sure if you can use the DRL's as CH/LH lights but you can certainly use the headllights or foglights (better idea when you have xenon's)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Funny as we have them.

Not sure if you can use the DRL's as CH/LH lights but you can certainly use the headllights or foglights (better idea when you have xenon's)[/quote]

Only the drl, fog lights and the rear lights come on when CH/LH is activated. This can be done through the DIS.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You can use VCDS to select the headlights
(our car has no independent DRL's)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GlasgowEd said:
Funny as we have them.

Not sure if you can use the DRL's as CH/LH lights but you can certainly use the headllights or foglights (better idea when you have xenon's)
Only the drl, fog lights and the rear lights come on when CH/LH is activated. This can be done through the DIS.[/quote]

Does it come on all the time or only at night?

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
Blacknerd said:
GlasgowEd said:
Funny as we have them.

Only the drl, fog lights and the rear lights come on when CH/LH is activated. This can be done through the DIS.
Does it come on all the time or only at night?[/quote]
All the time without the light sensor at night only with the light sensor.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Blacknerd said:
Is there anyway to make them come on all the time with the light sensor?
Why would you want ch/lh lights coming on all the time?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Mine comes on ALL the time when i open close my central locking. I have DRL headlights and xenons.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Auto lights? you mean that auto come on when dark? if so then no i don;'t

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Blacknerd said:
So what about leaving home lights, when you lock the door does the light stay on for a specific time?
No that is for coming home lights.

Leaving home lights stop on for a set period when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gizmo68 said:
Blacknerd said:
So what about leaving home lights, when you lock the door does the light stay on for a specific time?
No that is for coming home lights.

Leaving home lights stop on for a set period when you unlock the car.
thanks Gizmo68, so is both leaving home and coming home included in the auto lights option?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Pretty sure they are yes (they are on most VAG vehicles) but our are both turned off so I would need to physically go into the DIS to check.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
If you have DRL's and Auto lights with light sensor you can turn on leaving home/leaving home lights on the DIS. Lights set to Auto, unlocking/locking the car in day light... DRL's stay off. Unlock/lock the car in low light/darkness and the DRL's will come lighting your way too or from the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts