Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

At the back end of last year when I started my new job, one of the parts of my contract was to be able to buy through the company any car I want, as long as it had 4 seats minimum. Basically I have no restriction on budget but not to go down the bespoke route. Most of my colleagues have gone for ML63's. I have spent this week in discussion with a couple of dealers and yesterday drove back to back: new model Audi A8 4.2fsi, BMW 760li and Maserati Quatrroporte.

I have dismissed now the Audi as, although elegant has lost its masculine looks of the old model. Now it looks too similar to the A4 in my opinion. Trim and fit very good as you would expect for a list price of €98,000 before I went mad on extras.

The BMW is favourite at present due to the agressiveness of its looks (in black), power, kit and handling.

Lastly I drove the Maserati. Amazing looking but once inside it feels like going backward in technology times.

At the mo the 760 is winning. I dont like the S class and dont want to wait for the new model.

Main problem is I am feeling guilty for wanting a car, that in the UK would cost 100-115k depending on the options but here is going to cost them 175k [smiley=bigcry.gif] . This is because the car tax is much much higher then the UK.

Still love my TT though. I will never part with it!

Have I missed a car out of the thought process?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, the Jaaaaaag I just dont like. I cant put my finger on why, Im just not a fan. The Bentley Flying Spur I take it someone mentioned...Im not retired so cant possibly! Also, I get the option to buy the car in 2.5 years so I want something I really like.

RE. Jobs - have a look at Santander.com

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mighTy Tee said:
Not to everyones taste, but Porsche Panamera??
Feel sick having seen more than 2.....

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
If you like BMW, could you get an M5? I'd love a 7 to waft around in, but if someone else was paying it'd be the M5 for me.

If a 4 seat coupe was ok I'd be looking at the 6 series.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spandex said:
If you like BMW, could you get an M5? I'd love a 7 to waft around in, but if someone else was paying it'd be the M5 for me.

If a 4 seat coupe was ok I'd be looking at the 6 series.
I know what you mean, but the M5 isnt me. I looked at getting an M6 last year, and my brother has had a 650i but a 2 door just wont cut it, otherwise I would have already bought a Maserati GT. I just love them. The other problem with an M5 is the fact it shouts a bit too much of look at me. My superiors would frown a touch. I like my job and want to keep it!

·
Registered
518 Posts
allthewayfromspain said:
The other problem with an M5 is the fact it shouts a bit too much of look at me.
The ML63 is no shrinking violet though. I presume the RS6 is out, if the M5 is a non-starter. What about a Merc E500 or a Lexus LS600h (so you can save the planet :) ). Nice problem to have.

Ldn

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Rolls-Royce Ghost? ;)

Seriously, what about

Q7 V12?
CL65 AMG?
Aston Martin Rapide?

I think as an only car I could live with either the CL or the Rapide. The Q7 I'd keep for snow days.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
...and I thought Spain was in recession... :lol: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.