Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering changing my head unit from a Concert II+ to Symphony II+.

I currently have OEM Bluetooth fitted and also the standard Aux Input - if I changed the head unit will both of these still work?

Also is it just a case of inserting the 4 keys to remove the head unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Should just be plug'n'play, but just a chance that you may need to re-code via VCDS for the BT or AUX. Seems to depend on what the new head unit was fitted with before.

It is just a case of pushing the 4 keys in until they lock and then pulling on them to remove the HU. Make sure you insert them the right way round. From memory, it is with the curved side facing away from the HU, but take a moment to look at the new HU so that you know how the latches operate. You can then just disconnect the old HU, connect the new HU and push back into place. You will need the code number for the new HU.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Ridgmont61 said:
Should I be concerned with the "need to re-code via VCDS".

I am not familiar with this and on a new car (to me) - sounds worrying!
No, don't be too concerned. I haven't done a Symphony for Concert swap, but, from what has been said on here, the chances of you having to re-code are slight. If you do the swap and your BT is not working, you could either get your dealer to re-code, or get in contact with one of the members in the sticky "VAGCOM/VCDS Users" above, who have a VCDS cable and are prepared to help other members with this sort of thing.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you please give me some idea of a what is involved with the VAG unit.

Would it be complicated to re-enable the BT and Aux socket if they are not working after install?

I will also need to try and find someone kind enough to help local to Milton Keynes /Bedford with a unit.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you want re coding help I can sort it.

Assuming you live in Ridgemont I'm about 10 mins away near J14.

The coding is basically just to tell the head unit what it needs to talk to. So if you have Bose, and any other inputs. There are also settings for leather interior etc.

What is the advantage of changing to the symphony out of interest?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am keen to move to the Symphony to get 6CDs rather than 1.

I had a similar head unit in a Passat a few years ago which would play 6 MP3 CDs with about 10 albums per disc gives you about 60 albums.

To buy head unit is not expensive 2nd hand so is a minor upgrade.

You suspicions are correct re Geography and offer of help is very much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts