Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo guys n gals, just after a real quick one!

going to go for a cone filter for some extra sound, but im wondering what do i do with the little pipe that comes from the airbox ? is it the secondary air pump? anyone know what size filter i need for it ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice one! thats what i needed the 22mm! right now to find one today!!

L33JSA said:
I'm selling a cone filter thats specially made for the APX engine where there is an port for this pipe to attach to.

PM me if you are interested.
on its way ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
JAMason said:
Diveratt said:
Its cheaper to buy the Aux air delete from Forge and junk the pump and pipework
If you can delete this set up, should I be worried about the fact I have cracked this pipe today when working on the car?!
Jack
Depends how big the crack is but won't be good really as the car will be sucking in unfiltered air ( the hole in the airbox is after the filter ) try and repair it somehow or i can get a part number and price if you want for a new one...

Also any links to this delete kit, quite interested in taking a look :) ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
Jay-225 said:
JAMason said:
Diveratt said:
Its cheaper to buy the Aux air delete from Forge and junk the pump and pipework
If you can delete this set up, should I be worried about the fact I have cracked this pipe today when working on the car?!
Jack
Depends how big the crack is but won't be good really as the car will be sucking in unfiltered air ( the hole in the airbox is after the filter ) try and repair it somehow or i can get a part number and price if you want for a new one...

Also any links to this delete kit, quite interested in taking a look :) ?
I think you have just located my turbo whistle there then mate. I would appreciate the part number if you could find it, and tomorrow I will see if I can bodge something together to block it off and seal It! I'm sure I have some hose somewhere that I can fit around it and seal to prevent it from whistling! :)
Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jamason, you mean the little pipe that comes off the air box? i dont think thats going to be a massive whistle...

tell me, this whistle if you where at 2k revs and accelerated up to 4k but lightly on the foot would you hear it? but if you put your foot flat when you hear the whistle does it go?

hopefully got myself a filter!

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
hmm it may sound a little louder on the induction side but not sure if it would cause a whistle... either way it will need sorting as you wouldn't want a small stone of something silly getting sucked in to a fast spinning turbo [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Part number for the pipe is : 06A 133 889 H will cost £40 might as well change the 2 O-rings while you at it part no: N 904 608 01 cost 60p each you need 2 :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jay-225 said:
hmm it may sound a little louder on the induction side but not sure if it would cause a whistle... either way it will need sorting as you wouldn't want a small stone of something silly getting sucked in top a fast spinning turbo [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Part number for the pipe is : 06A 133 889 H will cost £40 might as well change the 2 O-rings while you at it part no: N 904 608 01 cost 60p each you need 2 :p
pair of tights? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
Charlesuk said:
Jay-225 said:
hmm it may sound a little louder on the induction side but not sure if it would cause a whistle... either way it will need sorting as you wouldn't want a small stone of something silly getting sucked in top a fast spinning turbo [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Part number for the pipe is : 06A 133 889 H will cost £40 might as well change the 2 O-rings while you at it part no: N 904 608 01 cost 60p each you need 2 :p
pair of tights? :lol:
Prefer a pair of stockings myself :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
That's easy enough! I will take a look at it tomorrow and get it sealed up. And then replace it when I get paid! :)

The whistle comes when I plant my foot and it hits 4k or when I work up to it slowly. The secon the turbo starts to wind up and the engine hits 4k the whistle comes in. Its 100% a boost pipe that's not secure and it's sucking air in around the edge! It wast doing it thismorning and the only thing that's broken is that pipe off the Airbox, and the split is about half way along that behind the rad. Can't do anything about it now, so will investigate it tomorrow! :)
Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeh nicccceeeeeeee :lol:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top