Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I would like to connect an ipod to my Audi Concert head unit (2010 MY TT). Ideally I'd like the track data to be displayed on the DIS and to be able to control the ipod from the buttons on my steering wheel.

Can somebody advise me on the piece of kit i should buy please? I am currently using the Aux connection near the hand brake but this is less than ideal for me !

Thanks

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
tortoise99 said:
Hi

I would like to connect an ipod to my Audi Concert head unit (2010 MY TT). Ideally I'd like the track data to be displayed on the DIS and to be able to control the ipod from the buttons on my steering wheel.

Can somebody advise me on the piece of kit i should buy please? I am currently using the Aux connection near the hand brake but this is less than ideal for me !

Thanks
Loads of threads about this, basically the Audi solution is poor, a lot have gone for Dension but depending on the model determines what you see, as i remember none show much if anything on the head unit while some show up on the DIS the track playing. I have a Dension 100 which shows nothing but unlike the Audi one at least i can manually select from the IPOD.
I think the only total solution is to change the head unit but i'm sure others will be along soon with more specific advice

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, I have fitted a Dension gateway 100 which sits behind the concert unit. I took the lead out and my i pod is tucked away out of site under the glovebox. It is an old 4gb i pod nano 4th gen I had. The menu button became very hard to operate so was useless. As it sits in the dension dock and I use the steering wheel controls it is perfect for the car. It stays charged through the dension, shows all the track details and lets me search with the buttons. Check out Dension GW16 AC1 on you tube for a full instruction video of fitting/control of the unit. Really easy to fit/use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts