Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thing is im not sure it will clear my forge catch can? Does anybody know if you have more height clearance with this brace than with the oem bar? Any pictures of your GTT stut braces would be nice... 8)

Damien.

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
Not sure with the GTT but the Forge strut brace will clear and they are very similar in design

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Do they still do the forge one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
A couple of pics of the GTT brace I had on my old car , looked great , didn't change the handling that I noticed :)

Mark

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
There were problems with the early GTT braces denting the under side of the bonnet just a warning I think they got it sorted on the later ones

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
Thing is im not sure it will clear my forge catch can? Does anybody know if you have more height clearance with this brace than with the oem bar? Any pictures of your GTT stut braces would be nice... 8)

Damien.
Tell ya what dammo, idle hands are the devils playground.... you still on standby by any chance??? :lol:

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
1sttt said:
Aps have the forge ones on their site. Think they are £250ish
To be honest I like the Forge one better not as big and bulky as the GTT

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I thought so as well but when I was looking the other day came across it on his site . He may or may not have one but would have thought that it would have been removed if he hasn't.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
There were problems with the early GTT braces denting the under side of the bonnet just a warning I think they got it sorted on the later ones
Yep, you're right YELLOW, on the later ones they lowered the corner to clear the bonnet. Also, when I went to buy one of these, GTT said they didn't have any more. Then they searched and found the parts for one more and had it welded for me. They may have made more since then but it didn't seem as if he was continuing them. I hope they have another or you find one Damien. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
1sttt said:
Aps have the forge ones on their site. Think they are £250ish
To be honest I like the Forge one better not as big and bulky as the GTT
+1, I looked at both and ended up witht theforge, GTT is too chunky... :?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vrroom said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Yep, you're right YELLOW, on the later ones they lowered the corner to clear the bonnet. Also, when I went to buy one of these, GTT said they didn't have any more. Then they searched and found the parts for one more and had it welded for me. They may have made more since then but it didn't seem as if he was continuing them. I hope they have another or you find one Damien. Good luck!

Thanks Tim Some great shots of the GTT brace...god its awesome. Yes Roland has made some more. Just need to be sure it will clear my forge catch can? Thanks for the heads up on the bonnet denting saga Andy..jesus. :eek: I'm sure Roland has sorted that out now.

Damien.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
Thanks Tim Some great shots of the GTT brace...god its awesome. Yes Roland has made some more. Just need to be sure it will clear my forge catch can? Thanks for the heads up on the bonnet denting saga Andy..jesus. :eek: I'm sure Roland has sorted that out now.

Damien.
You're welcome Damien! I'm glad Roland has some more. I think it's a great brace and I like it best from all I've seen . . . and I like the fact it's a bit sizable, especially with that polished aluminum (but you know my preference for bling!). Regarding the bonnet denting saga, that first pic shows how Roland corrected the issue. It was that passenger side (YOUR passenger side, not mine) bump out to go around the rigid wiring harness (I think that's what it is) that was the culprit . . . as you can see, he tapered it down on an angle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.